Forum Member

Default SCOTT SCBA information

I would like to ask those of you who are SCOTT Overhaul level technitions, either for a FD, or a company:

is there a central place to find information on SCOTTs? I don't mean the generic stuff, I mean more like a central clearinghouse for such things as failures in other departments, repair issues, testing/repair questions.
    Let me explain a little; I am a SCOTT tech for our department(career-200members), and have been for a 3 years.. I get most if not all of the service bullutins from SCOTT, and can and do call SCOTT fairly regularly. However I still find myself looking for information that I don't have. Info like new products releases, problems other departments have that don't create a safety notice, general recordkeeping ideas/needs. For example, we just recieved our Posicheck tester. It came with the SCOTT mandated private software, and the manual that came withit is different from what the program does. the test are labled different, preformed different, and the screens are different from those shown in the manual. I called Posicheck and was told that yes they are different, and no they would not change/update the manual to show what "really" was going on. I called SCOTT, and was told that posicheck writes the manuyals, and no they wouldnot/couldnot do one. So, I have been "writting" my own manual for our department.

My question to you is this: Is there a place dedicated to the discussion/updateing/swapping of information on SCOTT SCBA's? Does anyone else fell like me that there is a need/want for such a place?
    To be quite honest, I really don't have time to come here to FH and wade through all the posts to find if there is anything I need on SCOTT's on a regular basis.

If anyone has information please let me know. I will be watching this topic for a while to see what happens, be fell free to ping me off channel at SCBAGUY@firehousemail.com

Thanks
    Scott Clearman

Forum Member

Anybody? Anybody?

MembersZone Subscriber

I have been a Scott Tech. for 15 years, and I would be happy to answer any questions that I could for you. As far as somewhere to talk to other techs this is the best place I know of.

Patrick

IACOJ Agitator

I can do field-level stuff, didn't I see a post by you before about Scott offering the higher level training for free? If so and I am not going crazy, where can I get more info on that?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Adze,
    Call SCOTT at 1800-AIR-PAKS and ask for the name of your traing rep for your area. They should set their own scheduals for traing. Call them and set it up. But first:...

Your department must enter into the SCOTT In-House Service Center program, and buy a Test Bench. The Bench and mandatory tool kit should be less than $1000 (I think). You (the Department) must agree to buy only Scott Parts, and you can only work on SCBA's owned by the Department in the agreement. In other words, If you work for AFD and they are the the Department with the In-house Service Center, you CAN NOT work on air packs belonging to BFD, your volunteer department, or the next door departmet, or ANY OTHER DEPARTMENT.

The best part is that once the Department has entered the agreement, and has the test bench, SCOTT will train 1, or all of your members for free.

If you have any more questions, let me know
    Scott Clearman

MembersZone Subscriber

The Scott test stand that I bought last year was over $ 5700.00, then had to buy the Posi-Chek 3. Unless you have a least 60 units or more it may be less expensive to have an outside company take care or everything above field level repairs.

Patrick

IACOJ Agitator

Scott and Patrick, thanks for the information.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Thread Information