MembersZone Subscriber

Default any fire companies lease fire trucks?

I'm looking for fire companies who lease there ladder truck or any fire apparatus. Thanks Mikey
    Last edited by mk231975; 02-24-2003 at 10:56 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

My volunteer department is currently doing a lease purchase on our E-One 95' Ladder Tower Quint. We are also planning on leasing our next tele-squrt in the coming months.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber

Details please.....I'm trying to get my dept to lease a new ladder! With interest rates so low I would do it now, they want to wait 3 yrs. How much is your aerial going to cost and at what lease interest rate going to be. You can add any other important info you think can help. Thanks Mikey

In my department, we have been lease-purchasing for years. You can lease-purchase a vehicle for 5,7,or 10 years. As a matter of fact, we just leased a new engine thru Pierce for 7 years. At the end of 7 years, we have an option to buy the unit for $1.00, or turn it back to Pierce and walk away. You cant beat it. Leasing is great if you dont have the cash up front to pay for a piece of apparatus.

Forum Member

We are in the process of specing a new attack pumper that we are planning to lease. You are right that the rates look very inviting and we do not have the up front money to put down. Unfortunately, we have 400 townhouses plus 100 single family homes going in this year alone. Should have pricing back within the next 2 weeks, I will let you know what we find out.

Be safe!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Our tower is costing us $140,000 a year for a total 6 years. The total after 6 years is $840,000.00. At that point we can turn it back in and get another one, or keep our current rig. As for the interest rate, I have to get with our finance department to find it out.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

go to www.leasing2.com they do a lot of leasing all over the country.

Forum Member

We are in the process of doing a "municipal" lease purchase as part of the cost of a new light rescue. I don't have the exact payment figures but we are borrowing fifty thousand for five years at 4.4% interest.

Check with your local banks. Ours is through Wells Fargo. They also set up the same type of deal for the fire hall we built in 1992. We were paying 7.1% but they are willing to lower the rate to the current rate of 4.1% with no extension of the term of the loan.

Stay Safe

Thread Information