Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech Rescue

Forum Member

Question Tech Rescue

Our Dept is starting to put together a regional US&R type team. Anybody know of Canadian organizations or Fire Departments that offer training in Collapse & Trench Rescue? We have some leads on US instructors who have FEMA experience but who & what is out there on the home front?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not sure about trainers, but Toronto now has a HUSAR team and a large new indoor training centre that has a trench rescue simulator and alot of other great stuff. I'm not sure who the contacts are but I'll see if I can get a phone number.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you go to www.torontofirefighters.com and scroll down to the bottom of the home page there is a HUSAR symbol on the right, click on the symbol and it gives info about it and a name and e-mail of a training Captain in charge.

Forum Member

Some of our guys are heading down east to give training to a department. We are in Calgary, Alberta. If you contact our training academy they can get you in touch with the coordinator of the program. For obvious reasons I do not want to post his name and number on a public forum. Chech out the website at http://calgaryfire.ca .
    Sometimes, in order to make an operation idiot proof, you must remove the idiot!

Lightbulb Good!

I wish that there is more of a thing like that in our area too!
    Firefighters are beneficial to every community with the wealth of information they have!

They don't get enough praise, for the information and skills they know! It could save your life one day!!!!!

You might want to look at the local Fire colleges. I graduated from Manitoba Emergency Services College. They have all types of collapse/trench/farm accident courses. Look up the college on the web they should be able to send you a course calendar.

Cheers

Thread Information