Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default firehouse scanner

we have one but i have no idea what it is. but i know it is a scanner that picks up 800mhz before we got an upgrade we could hear truck to truck talk on scanners but since they went to 800mhz we can only hear the communication center talk. now there is something wrong at the communications center cause now we can pick up mexicans talking on it. now anyone knw what this is called and how much it is. any any other details. this will pick up truck to truck on 800mhz
    Last edited by backdraft663; 02-26-2003 at 07:56 AM.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

sorry here is the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

MembersZone Subscriber

Hello,

It's a Motorola Spectra Base Station and it is much more than a scanner. If you read the numbers off the back and post them I can tell you more. If you are in fact on an 800 system is it possible that there were upgrades or talkgroup changes and this base was never upgraded? If so you'll need someone with the software to make those changes.

Gary

OK ILL BE OVER AT THE FIREHOUSE ONE OF THESE DAYS AND ILL TRY TO GET THE NUMBERS OFF THE BACK WHEN I GO OVER THERE. YES I AM POSITIVE WERE ON A 800MHZ SYSTEM, THE OLD TOWER FELL DURING A STORM AND THE NEW 800MHZ TOWER WASENT READY YET AND IT FELL AND HAD SOME 800MHZ STUFF ON IT AND I GUESS THEY HURRIED UP TO FIX UP THE NEW ONE WITH ALL THE 800MHZ STUFF AND DID SOMETHING WRONG.

sorry about caps ddint want to retype
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

let me clear somethin up in my first post. with the 800mhz system we cant hear truck to truck on our own personal regular scanners at home, but the one pictured picks up truck to truck, communication center to truck, and all that. but what i dont get is that it picks up alot of mexican talk

another problem is with my personal regular bearcat handhled scanner. at certain random times of the day all you will hear out of it is a buzzing noise, it does it even if there not talking its like the squelch knob is turned full, but everyonce in a while it will shut up then it will start doing it again. it even does it to my minitor 1 when i have it in the charger and it is on county. anyone have any ide of whats going on is it in my scanner or with comm center
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

The spitting or farting sounds I suspect you're hearing are just regular old electrical interference. I have a Bearcat that gets all kinds of garbage, and our Minitor I's & II's get horrible interference some places around town. The Minitor III's are much cleaner, except at Wal-Mart. I have no idea why.

I used to have a TV that made uninterrupted fuzz on my FD's frequency on my scanner. No other freq. did it.

Sounds like you have radio gremlins--Mexican ones, apparently.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

well, one thing you need to realize is that 800Mhz does not travel nearly as far as UHF (450), VHF(150), or Low Band (33/46). This COULD explain not picking it up on your scanner.

Is this system a "Trunking System"? If it is, then that explains everything including the "buzzing" noises. If it is only a conventional repeater, then either your frequencies are wrong or you are just out of range with a handheld scanner.

As for the mexicans... That is very odd with 800Mhz. It is not subject to skip like CB and low band. The only thing you will hear is something within normal range and most pirate mexican radio systems are no on 800Mhz.

What town/state is this in, I can run a search through the FCC and see what you are supposed to have there.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

do you have any idea on how to clear this up. i have found out that if i remove the antanna off my minitor charger it dont make the noise. if i take my big antanna off my scanner and put a small one on it still makes that noise but not to often.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Your not giving me enough information to help you. First, WHERE ARE YOU so I can look your system up.

Default scanner problems

if your scanner is strictly an 800mhz scanner than it will not be able to follow a "trunk system". What you need is an 800mhz trunk tracking scanner that is also made by motorola. The buzzing sound you are hearing is most likely occuring only once a day. That noise is your system changing the "data channel". The only way to avoid listening to the buzzing is to lock out that channel, but you will have to unlock the channel that was locked out from the previous day. without a trunk tracker you will not be able to follow truck to truck. We were issued Uniden Bearcat XLT245 and they work great you may however get some feedback from cellphones or portable phones, the only thing you can do is move the scanner away form the source. If you have any questions or need anymore help you can email me at sgibbs77@aol.com

im from ohio to be exact clermont county

i only have one frequiency programed into it 33.940 which if county dispatch. i dont want to lock out that channel. i wouldnt be able to hear anything.

i was told the only way to hear truck to truck is to get some type of special scanner that was like $1,000 ! do you know any good sites that have these scanners fairly cheap.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Default Good luck with them Gremlins

Have you seen the movie signs? You know the one with the baby radio picking up weird sounds? I think they were picking up aliens! You may to be picking up aliens too! …Illegal aliens. Do they say things like !La Migra, La Migra!
    “Just when you think something is made to be Idiot Proof. They go a head and make a better Idiot”

Default Scanners

Backdraft…..Try scanner world I think its www.scannerWorld.com They are based in Albany N.Y.
    It is a small shop but very very knowledable. They will know what is is that your looking for.
    Last edited by Neman13; 02-26-2003 at 08:55 PM.
    “Just when you think something is made to be Idiot Proof. They go a head and make a better Idiot”

I know a couple of stations in Bloomfield, CT that pick up fishing boats off the coast of Puerto Rico. Gotta love skips.

Maybe the Mexicans you hear on 33.94 is the Broad Brook FD? No wait...we only know a few choice words in Spanish.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

I had the spanish speaking radio operator problem too but i think it was on a 33.000 frequency. and walmart is the only place i cannot recieve anything on my minitor III.
    This statements made above do not represent the agency i belong to in any shape or form. So if i say something stupid its just me.

MYSTERY SOLVED

First, the garbage you hear on 33.94 is just a fact of like with Low Band. It does that because everything with a microchip messes with it.

Now, on to the 800Mhz system. This is not going to make you happy. Your 800Mhz system is a Motorola Astro DIGITAL IMBE trunking system. This is a digital radio system. There is no actual VOICE anywhere. It is all ones and zeros; all you will hear on anything is data sounds. Not only do you need a trunking scanner, but you need an APCO 25 capable scanner. There are only TWO models in existance. They are the Uniden BC-785D & BC-250D with the i25D add-on card that will allow digital. The scanner is about $360 and the i25D card is another $320. So, that is $680.00 for a scanner that will actually be able to hear that system.

According the website that had some info on this, your system will be simulcasting on the old 33.94 channel until december 2003. After that, kiss the 33.94 good bye

so your saying there is no way of fixing the continuous buzzing noise. it did it again last night, for about 45 minutes.

so actually i will only have to put up with the noises until december 2003. do you know what will happen once the 33.940 is gone.
    will be be able to pick up any traffic on scanners.

i dont know what you mean when you said this

"There is no actual VOICE anywhere. It is all ones and zeros; all you will hear on anything is data sounds."

can you elaborate on that?
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Does it makes this noises wherever you go or is only in certain parts of the house?

I don't know what your dept plans on doing after December for paging. I just read that after Dec 2003, the simulcasting will be stopped.

As for the 800Mhz...

When you key a microphone and start talking, your voice is turning into data and sent out that way. The recieving radio recieves the data and converts it back to voice. So if you tune a regular scanner into any of the frequencies, all you will hear is data noises. Ever pick up the phone in your house while a computer modem is connected? Not the exact same sound but you get the idea.

actually i have never moved it, well i did have it in one shop before and moved it but if i catch it when it makes the noise ill moves it around the house

what website is it that you went to to tell about our communications center

well i dont always hear that buzzing noise on my scanner. i can still hear them toneing us and other depts out.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Yea, it is probably just the usual electrical garbage that Low Band is succeptable to. You can probably start unplugging things in the house until it goes away.

This website had some information for you:
    Clermont County Information

Thread Information