Thread: drop tones

Forum Member

Default drop tones

i dont get this there is a wreck county dispatch drop our fire tones but they say ems needed only. i dont get why didnt they just use the squad tones instead of ours. anyone get an idea on this one.

also do you know how much they charge you to drop your tones. i have been hearing for our county it is $6.50, kinda expensive, who gets charged for this
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

have you asked your dispatch center why? there are many circumstances regarding why rescue isn't sent for a mvc. such as it was a minor and pd arrived on scene and now pt wants to be checked out. there are countless reasons why.

i have no idea why you are getting charged for being toned out. it might be that your dept pays a yearly fee to be dispatched by them and it averages out to that amount you gave. but honestly i have no idea.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

why didnt they just use the squad tones instead of ours
    because people make mistakes and push the wrong button sometimes.

As for costs, we are not County dispatched (thank God) so I have no information on that but would assume you could call your County dispatch center and ask. If 6.50 a call is true, yes, that could be a lot depending on call volume.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

They did it again but a little different. This time we got called out for a MVA with injuries, over the minitor they said 1 william 91 (squad) and 1 william 10 units (fire dept) and said squad needed only. sorry to complain alot but i don see why they called 1 william 10 and said they only need squad. if you think im complaining to much just let me know. lol
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Forum Member

As much as people on this forum will attempt to answer your question, none of us are where you are. We don't know what the call is, what the dispatch centers protocols are, etc. Thus, you most likely won't find the answer to your question here.

I would suggest you ask one of the officer's in your department questions like this. Be sure to ask the question in an inquisitive manner, and not an accusatory one.

Stay Safe

Forum Member

if you think im complaining to much just let me know. lol
    Nope. But as PA said, only you can get the real answer. We are dispatched by our local PD, some of which are FD members. Even they still make some mistakes once in a while. It happens. Worry more about not getting paged then getting paged accidentally.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Originally posted by Bones42
    Nope. But as PA said, only you can get the real answer. We are dispatched by our local PD, some of which are FD members. Even they still make some mistakes once in a while. It happens. Worry more about not getting paged then getting paged accidentally.

that last sentence says it all for me. ill ask someone at our dept why they do this, well im not complaining im just curios at why they do this.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Thread Information