Forum Member

Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

Default Request For Funds

Can anyone attest to an approximate time frame as to when you might receive your funds after requesting them? I know the website says "up to 3 weeks", but I wanted to see what other's experiences were when requesting funds.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I've heard that some have gotten their money within 3-5 days. Ours took two weeks, but we requested the whole shebang ($312K) at once to take advantage of prepayment discounts. We still ponied up more than 10% of the total amount, but it was less than it would have been had we not taken advantage of the discounts. We forgot to add some things, so our matching went up.

Lesson for everyone: ask if there are discounts for prepayment or cash payment. You still have to spend the same amount, but you may have enough to get more than you thought. Don't build the app based on the discounted price, but keep it in the back of your head for when you get awarded.

Forum Member

Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

It has been just about two weeks. I am being patient, because I know how slow the government works, but I wish they would speed it up a little. Heck, it takes at least 3-5 days for our FEMA contact guy to answer questions.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Probably because you're getting them during the hectic time of trying to finish up last year's and get this year's on the road. We did ours back in Novemeber when there wasn't much happening.

Thread Information