20 51.28%
  • Don't have one.

7 17.95%
  • Working on one.

0 0%

Thread: Alcohol

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Alcohol

How many departments have "NO Alcohol" policies?

Did you not get the MESSAGE from the web team on this subject?
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Forum Member

this is a short timer here !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

This was just posted last night ... so this may be an honest mistake.

MFD102 - The Webteam has made their stance on alcohol related threads very clear. It got bumped down from the front page, so here it is for you ...

The discussion of alcohol in the firehouse, based on our own determinations and the suggestions of multiple members, has been closed and removed.

Effective immediately, this topic has no place on Firehouse.com. Non-fire service professionals read these forums and discussion about drinking and responding to calls has no place here. It never goes anywhere and just the discussion of it makes the entire fire service look poor.

There is no need to start a new thread discussing this topic or discussion, as it will be removed immediately.

Thank you
    WebTeam
    Stay Safe

Forum Member

Bye Bye thread!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

All in favor of tabling this item until May 5th, 2007 say Aye! any opposed press Alt F4 on your keyboard.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Apologize

I apologize for creating this thread. I didn't realize this had been covered before and created problems. I was just trying to find out how this was handle elsewhere. Sorry again.

Forum Member

This topic has caused many a heated discussion here. The VAST majority of people feel that alcohol has NO place in the fire service in the station houses or on duty AT ALL! After hours and off duty is different. EOD.(END OF DISCUSSION.)

WT- CLOSE IT before things go down that old familiar road.

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, the Vast Majority (The Regulars) have spoken!

They are always right! You cannot argue with them! Lest you disagree with one of them and you are ultimately banished and called a Dissenter!

So to that I say, Slap your IAFF Sticker on your Vehicle before you go work your NON-UNION Job, Pop open that can of Duff's Beer, Jump on the TAILBOARD(Backstep to some) with your NON-LEATHER Helmet and your RUBBER boots....And don't forget to say,RIC TEAM? We don't need no STINKIN RIC TEAM! Oh yeah, and Cops and Women should stay away from Fire Scenes...Cops have no business throwing Ladders at Fires and the womens auxiliary wasn't created to get female son Fire Engines. And another thing, WHO GIVES A HOOT IF THE FDNY IS GETTING STATIONS CLOSED!?! What makes them any more special than any other Department in the UNITED STATES THAT HAS HAD STATIONS CLOSED! What about WASHINGTON DC, where THE G-DDAMN President Lives! Didn't get a FEMA Grant this year? NIETHER DID THE MAJORITY OF US! What does this rant mean? Nothing at all!

I am basically ****ED OFF that a few of the regulars seem to dictate what goes on these forums! BEcause a few of the "Crusties" as they like to call themselves have had a few "Non-Crusties" disagree with them on this whole alcohol thing, it cannot be discussed anymore.

Jeezus H. Kee-Riest! Thank god for www.thewatchdesk.com

It's Kind of like "CNN" Versus the "Fox News Channel"

Firehouse.com = the "Left View"
    TheWatchdesk.com = "Fair and Unbalanced News"......Haha.

I guess I will get banned for life for that one! Oh well......

Forum Member

Angry

1. It is not ONLY the members of the IACOJ who have disagreed with the TWO OR THREE people who like to mix booze and firefighting, it has been the majority of users who have disagreed with this ,ignorant, infantile, alcoholic diatrabe on this subject.

2. The WT does not particularly LIKE us in the first place. They must have gotten a large number of well written complaints from users about this topic.

3. If you want to discuss it, go ahead. The WT hass decided it just can't be here! This is a privatly owned site, where they have the right to tell us we can or cannot discuss something.

4. I do not get your problem. Should I take your post to mean that you DO like to drink and respond? It is worth it to you to endanger your brothers and sisters and the general public?? If so, what are you doing in the fire service in the first place? We are all here to protect lives and property, not endanger them!

P.S.- guess its to late WT!!

Forum Member

Also, from the user agreement of your site:

The owners of The Watch Desk Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
    Seems they can do the same thing there as they can do here on FH.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default What's your beef, Tillerman25?

Tillerman25:
    You have confused me on what exactly is your complaint?
    Do you have a problem with "the Regulars"?
    Do you have a problem with "the crusties" as we liked to be called?
    Do you have a problem with an alcohol policy at fire departments?
    Do you have a problem with the fact that the OWNERS of Firehouse.com sets the policies for posting information here?
    Do you have a problem with the people who are "always right"?

What I see is envy and jealousy on your part. You don't have the years in? Maybe you can't seem to come up with compelling reading here? You got your *** chewed out by an officer. Your way is always the right way. No one listens to you; no one cares about you?
    Mad because you didn't get a grant? Well, neither did I. I don't like it either. 18,057 applied for new apparatus last year. 524 got them. We didn't. We'll try again.

I am flattered that you believe that the Crusties pull that much weight on this site. Personally, I think the WT would just as soon that we would go away, but we are gaining new members every day.
    Just between me and you; I like a spirited discussion. Does it bother you that people may disagree with you? I have people disagree with me all the time. I just keep firing until they give up and go away!

But seriously, if you read the WebTeam's decision on beer threads, nowhere was the IACOJ or regular posters mentioned.
    Well, Tillerman, gotta go fight Evil.
    Take care.
    CR
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 03-07-2003 at 09:37 AM.
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

I say we all go to the Watch Desk and spend the next 8 hours picking through all of the insults and name calling in an attempt to find any useful information.

I'll get back to you guys tomorrow and let you know if I find anything. It would be appreciated if all of you would do the same.

Stay Safe

MembersZone Subscriber

You have confused me on what exactly is your complaint?
    Actually chief, nothing really. The post was purely to get a reaction. I love getting reactions out of people.

What I see is envy and jealousy on your part. You don't have the years in?
    I have a little over 10 years in the Fire Service. Not Jealous of anything.

Maybe you can't seem to come up with compelling reading here?
    Right on with that one. Ever since we stopped fussing about "R43" and the whole DCFD/PGFD thing, the threads have gotten boring!

You got your *** chewed out by an officer. Your way is always the right way. No one listens to you; no one cares about you?
    I am an officer, so I do the Chewing usually. But not today. My way is the way my department chooses. I don't have my own way. And I am sure not too many people care about me....especially the ones who see my face over their bunk when its time for them to take an Ambulance call!!!!

Like I said Chief, I love making people react. No harm intended, we now rejoin our Regularly Scheduled Forums....Already in Progress.....

Be safe and Stay Low.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Whoosh!

Tillerman:
    You dog! You got me good.
    A wink and a nod right back at you!
    God, I love fresh bait!
    Take care and stay safe.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Forum Member

Tillerman shoots and SCORES !!!!!!!!!!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Tillerman 1, Chief 0

MembersZone Subscriber

Default A good time at my expense.....again!

YOU KNOW; THERE IS ALMOST AN ELECTRICITY IN THE AIR WHEN SOMEONE GETS ONE OVER ON A CHIEF!
    Let's get back to the important merits of alcohol policies or more importantly, why is this thread still here?
    Why don't we put this one to rest and start one on, oh let's say the goofiest thing that you've ever seen a chief do!
    I have dibs on falling off of an engine. Great story!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Forum Member

I have people disagree with me all the time. I just keep firing until they give up and go away!

Yeah, but your a chief so it doesn't matter what they say.

Even if being chief means you are wrong 99.9% of the time.

Oh yeah, don't tell my chief I said that.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

MembersZone Subscriber

Default So that's how it is!

Mike:
    Thanks for your help here. I can handle it. You are wise beyond your ears, but honestly, I have to stand on my own two feet. If you stick up for me, you will become the object of ridicule. I appreciate the effort, but you have to think about yourself.
    Whoops! Sorry; wrong Mike.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Nah, its OK to stand up for your Chiefs. I respect My chiefs, on the career and volunteer side. I have more Respect for my Volunteer Chief than I do for most Government and Religious Figures.

As far as the topic of the thread goes, if you do it, don't ride Firetrucks. Although what might be good for a Small Volunteer Department in Northern Pa. or Upstate NY, may not be good for a Larger Combination Department in Suburban Maryland or NYC. (Although I did hear that in days of yore, FDNY firefighters were allowed to consume no more than 4 beers in a 24 hour shift ) Any FDNY history guys that can confirm that?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tillerman,

you got me on that one.I was so exited,things were heating up in here and then you came out with the facts,love that sense of humor,or sarcasmus?Oh ,wait a minute-is not that the breakfast of the champions,yeeeha,thumbs up!!!!!!!!!You fooled them all,HEHEHE

Thread Information