MembersZone Subscriber

Default Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel

This is on a lighter note and a move from the religious debates of the past few weeks.

Dear Civilians:

We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance:
    1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ***.

2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest... kick their ***.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many
    sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down
    while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ***.

4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your *** kicked.

5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an *** kicking (children are exempt).

6) If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their mistake...and kick their ***.

7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your *** will be kicked.

8) Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe *** kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your *** kicked.

10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran.We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our commander in Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your *** already.)

11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ***!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's
    go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ***.

13) Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your *** kicked.

14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its *** kicked.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of
    the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

One last thing sorry I had to add this: It is the soldier, not the church, that gives us the freedom of religion.
    Last edited by Airborne; 03-10-2003 at 11:26 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Amen!

Good work Airborne!

Hope all is well with you.

Be safe all,

Jim McCarthy, RN/C, FF/EMT
    former CW3, US Army, 101 Airborne.
    ALL THE WAY!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Hopefully, a parallel universe where my location doesn't keep getting deleated.

Thumbs up Amen........

Nice one Airborne...
    Sons & Daughters In Touch
    TUTUM TE ROBORE REDDAM
    In Valor, There Is Hope.

Forum Member

Default Nice

Nice one Airborne
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

HNFC FF/President

very nice airborne, i enjoyed reading that.

P.S. Flag Burners make me sick
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

One word....HOOAH!

US Air Force, 149th Security Police Squadron
    Vet. Operations Noble Eagle/Enduring Freedom

MembersZone Subscriber

Airborne

Nice Job and Thanks .

Navy Vet HM2
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Forum Member

The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ***.
    This has always bothered me tremendously. As a former Marine I still remember fondly standing at attention in civilian clothes while colors or retreat were played over the base speakers and watching every car on the base stop. If they were in uniform, they would exit their vehicle and salute.

I still get chills when I hear the national anthem being played, even worse when I hear taps. My wife actually made the mistake of speaking to me during the national anthem once. I gave her the male equivalent of "The Look" and have not had such an incident repeated.

I still find myself staring at the flag, a lot more frequently of late, for long periods of time. I find it to be just a beautiful collection of colors. Then my mind drifts to the many great men and women who have served, been wounded, and who died so that I could have all of the great freedoms that I have. We are all truly blessed to be living here. Our government may not be perfect, our system may be flawed at times, but as bad as one may find it, all you need to do is look at how badly people want to get here from other countries. Many die trying, just to have precious freedom.

Thank you Airborne. From a Jarhead to a "grunt". Keep the faith brother.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Good Job Airborne

I couldn't agree more although I gotta tell you that I was rolling while reading most of this. I'm sending this to all my 'buds.

Airborne, thank you for #6! I was a Coastie and still get a ton of crap for working my tail off for Uncle Sam on a Coast Guard Cutter.

e. g. " you don't count, you guys aren't real military!"

Lots of hard and dangerous work, with equal amounts of hard and dangerous play!

"If the Air Force had a Navy it would be the Coast Guard!"
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Forum Member

Personally, I have never been in the military.
    I was signed up and ready to go, but then they found out
    I was arrested when I was 17 and put a kabosh onit.

Anyway, I have the utmost respect for those that ever have been in the armed forces. If not for them we may not be on this wonderful site.

Oh yeah and if you have a hat on during the national anthem you truly do deserve to get your *** kicked.

Thanks Airborne that was good.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Forum Member

Airborne truel;y nice but the one rule #13

what if you are a military brat taht gfrew up wiht it and are debating to go Jarhead or Grunt

can i use those terms then or should i wait 6 months

oh and what about Coasties(COast Guard) Bullet Sponges(infantry) adn Swabies(Navy)

there are more i just cant think of them

but yes i agree 100% on all the others

MembersZone Subscriber

Airborne well said, as for the Coast Guard they came to my boat when I was in a tight. I'm greatful for them

Forum Member

sorry about all the typos but i cant type an what i do type comes out in internet launguage

Forum Member

Thanks to all of you! Long history of military service in my family. However I have mono occular vision and cannot serve. ****es me off that I am not allowed to serve, but I found other ways to assist my country!
    GOOD LUCK SOLDIERS AND GOD SPEED!
    D. Hager
    Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Airborne

All I can say is Hell yeah, good luck and be safe. As a nation rather we like to admit it or not we are counting on you guys. Thank you All
    Ceredo Fire-Rescue
    NREMT-Basic,Firefighter,Hazmat- Tech,Smoke Diver

"Live Long, Die Fast, have as much fun possible in between."

These are my opinions, not my departments.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Airborne

Outstanding! Simply friggin' outstanding! I love it. As a former Marine I agree with Dasharkie about the Colors deal. After a three year layoff, I'm now serving with the CG in port security. I know some people who have already been sent overseas and am unsure what will be the result for my unit, but with God's Grace and Love we'll all come back the same way we left. I hope everyone(military and public safety) is safe and I thank all of you for what you do for this country. BE SAFE!
    Last edited by rbango; 03-13-2003 at 10:09 AM.
    To Err Is Human; To Forgive Divine. Neither Is Marine Corps Policy. Semper Fi! Ooh-Rah!

Let's roll!

Forum Member

Ooh-Rah !

USMC 1988-1992 Op Desert Storm Vet

I just wish they had let us finish the job last time.
    ______________________________ __________________
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    ______________________________ __________________
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Forum Member

Semper Fi! Tuefel Hunds!!

Btry 'S', 5th Battalion, 10th Marine Regiment, 2nd MARDIV

"PAIN BY STEEL RAIN"(Bn motto)
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member

he is my new best friend drkblram

anyone else agree
    FireSarge
    Joseph Sullivan
    Ohio

"Any man willing to die in my place is my brother. Any man willing to turn and run is my enemy. Which will you be?"

Forum Member

it didnt like my avatar so i am going to have to find another

this will do for a while though
    FireSarge
    Joseph Sullivan
    Ohio

"Any man willing to die in my place is my brother. Any man willing to turn and run is my enemy. Which will you be?"

Airborne,

All I can say is OUTF*&$%&#STANDING!

Thanks. You made my day!

Former USMC with his wings
    Kenny

- it ain't the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.

Forum Member

Outstanding Job Airborne and thank you.

Ex-Navy 1982-1986
    Avionics Technician 2nd Class
    FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Default Re: Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Airborne
    [B]This is on a lighter note and a move from the religious debates of the past few weeks.

AMEN Great job Airborne could only add 1 thing that tork's me tattered ,ripped faded flags. Mostly on vehicles but have also seen on personal flagpoles . He## I even caught one on a county bldg. flag pole . God Speed to all TROOPS! "Prepare a world for future generations that cannot speak for themselves; know that actions speak louder than words" John Pina Craven

cgerdes97
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up You also made MY day!

Great message, makes me proud to serve this great Nation knowing that so many people are backing me and my fellow service members. DaSharkie, your message is equally as motivating. Great job fellas and keep up the great work!

Thread Information