Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Edmonton, Alberta Appartment Fire

Just got this off the "wire"...

Firefighters trapped in burning Edmonton apartment complex

Canadian Press Tuesday, March 11, 2003

EDMONTON (CP) - Firecrews worked frantically Tuesday to rescue some of their colleagues trapped in a burning downtown apartment complex.

Up to five firefighters were trapped when the parkade of an apartment building collapsed just before noon. One was reportedly taken out on a stretcher. Fire department spokeswoman Karen Carlson said some firefighters were still trapped. At least two firefighters were unaccounted for.

Heavy yellow and black smoke billowed out of the the older three-storey apartment's windows as firetrucks poured streams of water onto the fire.

All of the tenants of the building were safely evacuated.

© Copyright 2003 The Canadian Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default ADDTIONAL INFORMATION

Trapped Firefighters rescued. canada.com (Edmonton Journal 11 March 2003)

Edmonton firefighters who were trapped in a burning building have been rescued. The fire started in a three-storey apartment building at 105 St. and 97 Ave. As many as five firefighters were trapped when the building's parkade collapsed. There are reports that all the trapped firefighters have been rescued. All of the tenants in the building, Ashbury Place, are safe.

The fire started just before noon. Soon after the fire started, flames could be seen soaring through the roof of the structure as thick grey-black smoke billowed into the sky.

Fire department spokesman Karen Carlson said they believe the fire started when contractors in the parkade were trying to thaw frozen pipes.

"A crew company, or somebody was trying to thaw the water pipes and that got the insulation. The insulation was cardboard, It really took off," said Carlson.

At least three firefighters pulled from the building were taken to hospital with undetermined injuries.

We will have more on this as the story develops.

© Copyright 2003 canada.com
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information