Default Apparatus/Vehicle Question

I am currently taking a Methods of Instruction course to acquire my Fire Instrutor I certification. In the class, we have to make some presentations and I need a little help with mine.

I am going to do a PowerPoint presentation on differet types pf apparatus and vehicles used in emergency services. I a showing and talking about pumpers, aerials, rescues, ems vehicles, and as many different types of specialty apparatus and vehicles as possible.

What I need is find a place where I can find some accurate info on engines and what requirements must be made for it to be considered a structural attack engine, same thing for the different types of apparatus. Would NFPA have this??

Thanks

NFPA has the information you need. I believe the web address is www.nfpa.org some of the info you may have to pay for....better resouces might be in your station or fire marshalls office

MembersZone Subscriber

IFSTA puts out manuals for all kinds of different apparatus.

IFSTA
    "What makes a person run into a building others are running out of?...Character."- Dennis Smith

www.elmirafire.org

I don't know if it'll help much or not, but another place to look might be on the manufacturers websites:

E-One

American LaFrance

Seagrave

Pierce

If nothing else, you can get some pictures and specs there...
    Last edited by Ratchet; 03-15-2003 at 10:59 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

NFPA 1901 has the requirements for the different types of vehicles.

A free source for the 1901 light requirements can be found at www.whelen.com

As for the NFPA standard find a department who subscribes to the standards, if not your fire department try your building department. If you are a subscriber you get all of the standards.

MembersZone Subscriber

As for the NFPA standard find a department who subscribes to the standards, if not your fire department try your building department. If you are a subscriber you get all of the standards.
    Check the local public or college library, also. Also, alot of this info will be in the NFPA Fire Protection HAndbook.

Thread Information