MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Unhappy Death Announcement

It is with a very heavy heart that we must announce the death of Meaningful Productive Dialogue (MPD) on the Forums.

MPD died this week, following a long and protracted illness. MPD was diagnosed with malaise last December, following a bout of alcohol poisoning. It never fully recovered.

Multiple set-backs, in the form of virus-like threads, kept MPD down despite the efforts of the Webteam to nurse it back to health. Specific viruses included additional bouts of alcohol poisoning; an inflammation the doctors can only describe as "exploreritis;" mad-cow disease; hot flash-overs; and a battle between doctors over using smooth-bore enemas vs. fine spray enemas.

Arrangements are still pending. MPD leaves many greiving relatives, who will miss it dearly.

Last edited by jaybird210; 03-14-2003 at 10:16 AM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

wait...there's still a pulse....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

This accounts for my lack of posting over the past few months. There really has been a drop off of meaningful dialog.

I could be wrong but the fall off of decent post came soon after the JR/Explorer thread appeared in "Firefighters Forum"

Forum Member

...................NEWS FLASH.....................

It has just been learned that MPD is actually alive and well!!
    It has been hiding on another forum board where the doctors have perfected a vaccine for all the aforementioned ailments, most notably exploreritis!

For details contact your local Crusty Old Jake!!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

MembersZone Subscriber

The amount of useful information on here, where we can all learn from each others experience and experiences has dropped right off over the last few months, just as has been said above.

Webteam, have you noticed this as well?
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MembersZone Subscriber

Ya gotta admit, reading my rantings and ravings is better than all this Jr. crap.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

wut u talkeng aboot? Their's loftsa meeninful topicks on theese foreuhms. i luv comming hear i lern so musch from the firfiters. ive ben a firfithter all mi lif, my granpah and his granpah and his grandpa's granmma where all firfihetrs to. My daddie letss me driv hes truc when he gos to a fyre. I lik turning on the flasshing blu lites and my daddie putt a airehorn in the truc to.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Sheri,
    That is hilarious, I think the Web Team has disabled all the explorers spell checks. What ever happened to our schools? Maybe less time on these forms and more spelling classes!
    B Holmes

I dont know if I speak for all the other jr's and explorers out there but Im sorry that I would like to get a ittle bit of experiance before I am a full fledged firefighter. Yes my father is a firefighter but he isnt exactly happy w/ the fact that I want to be a firefighter so not every jr firefighter or explorer has a firefighter father or a firefighter father that is happy that they are going into the firefighting business. That is the only reason I am a jr firefighter. And did you ever stop to think that most of the jr's/explorers that are forum members are actually here to ask serious questions about firefighting. I know that I for one stand on the crustie's side w/ most of your views i.e. the jr's running lights. Personally I think if ppl cant see a big red truck w/ flashing lights all over it and sirens how do you expect them to see a regular vehicle w/ one or two little flashing lights and a siren. So most of us are on here to ask question not to argue about running lights and other little things like that.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

just so you know after I re-read my post I realized that it sounded like I was trying to be a smart ***** and I wasnt I was just trying to show that not every jr/sxplorer on the forums wants to know what other ppl think about being able to run lights or being able to leave school for a call and personally Im against both of them. Sorry is I sounded like a smart *****.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Where there's hope; there's spellcheck!

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR "DEAR CRUSTY OLD JAKE"!
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Duhhhh??.........

Am I the only one out here that keeps a Funkin Wagnalls close at hand when composing meaningful dialog on the Forums?? AND Please Note:: I said Composing. Not Composting.... Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Please.

Let's be serious about this.

We all know, ( what with the cold weather and all the ensuing igloo fires )that the Canadian firefighters have had a busy winter. As soon as they can spare the time to restore a sense of wholesomeness to the firehouse forums, I'm sure this will all be forgotten.

-- 'I learn something new every day, unfortunately most of it comes from reading beer coasters...'

Forum Member

I just get frustrated by the users that repeat the same topics without looking ............also the I have noticed the pi**ing matches are like a WWF fight .........ALL BS amd the fact remains that no one wins .....why cant poeple post opinions and the poeple that dont share that be so ? at any rate I have met some great people on here and will continue to do what I can to propagate good information for those that want it and URGE all personnel to think before they type ......search for the forums to see if a topic has been discussed and let sleeping dogs lie ........over and out !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

What else is there to discuss when everything has pretty much been said. There's always sports and weather to argue about.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

I may be wrong, but I kinda' thought the CAFS thread was a little entertaining. At least it is not another thread about those darned "Jedi" helmets, or leather vs everything else.
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

IACOJ Agitator

Default R.I.P. MPD

Originally posted by bkholmes
    has disabled all the explorers spell checks
    I think it's a flaw in the code of the program...if you are under 18 then you don't have access to spell check and grammer check...

Why can't people just search the forums and continue an old battle instead of creating a new instance of it? I know sometimes people are new and bring it up but many times someone who has been around for a little while brings it up.

Which CAFS thread? The one about it being better than sex?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Yes, that's the thread. I think it degenerated to something it wasn't intended to be.

We can't be serious all the time, then we really would be boring!
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

MembersZone Subscriber

you don't have access to spell check and grammer check
    or PUNK-tuation check.

Thread Information