FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default Rudy bio cuts WTC plunge

An upcoming cable movie about former Mayor Rudy Giuliani will air without a disturbing, real-life image of a person falling from the World Trade Center, the Daily News has learned.
    USA Network execs will cut the offending scene - the inclusion of which was first reported by The News - from "Rudy: The Rudy Giuliani Story" before it airs March 30.
    But other strong 9/11 images, including a person waving from the burning towers, are expected to remain, officials said.
    "After much internal discussion, it has been decided that the potential distress caused by the shot in question outweighed its place in the accounting of the life of Rudolph Giuliani," according to a statement released yesterday by USA Network."We were concerned how viewers might react to it," executive producer Stephen Davis added. "I think this is the right decision."

Families furious

Relatives of some 9/11 victims were outraged when The News reported this month that the made-for-TV movie included the graphic image of a victim falling from the burning towers.
    The body's path to the ground is followed by the camera for several seconds. The movie then cuts back to a sequence showing actor James Woods portraying Giuliani moments after he arrived at Ground Zero.
    Real news footage - including images of firefighters searching the wreckage for victims - also is interspersed throughout the movie and usually bridges flashbacks to other notable moments in Giuliani's life.
    The decision to cut the single scene offered little solace to family members yesterday.
    "I am gratified that they at least did that," said Jack Lynch, whose son, Firefighter Michael Lynch of Engine 40, was killed in the attacks. "But I don't want anyone exploiting 9/11."
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Hey what the heck. Anything to make a buck.

Thread Information