Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question Are there Federal FF??????

I was driving down Ala. State Hwy. 59 and looked in front of me and saw a, white over green, Yucon or Tahao with FIRE written on the back. Well when I got up beside it, I noticed that it read U.S. Government on the door. I was puzzled. I have never seen a truck like that before, and had no clue what its job was. Could someone help me out here, I still can't figure it out.

It's possible that it was a US Forest Service truck. Several of the Ranger trucks here are white over green design. If there are any National Forests in AL it's a good chance that's what it is.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are federal level firefighters. In this area they cover the local VA Hospitals and West Point Military Base. I don't know if this is the case with the vehicle you saw.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are Nation Forest in AL, but none in my area. I think that all the Ranger trucks around here are all green.

Nationally there is a lot of new vehicles being purchased by the US Forest Service that are white instead of the "traditional" green. This color scheme is often white with a green reflective strip.

Edited to add that there are a fair number of Forest Service fire personnel that are on the move right now to assist NASA with the Columbia Incident.
    Last edited by RxFire; 03-18-2003 at 03:10 AM.
    IACOJ
    Stopping controlled burning DOES NOT stop the burning, only the control!
    http://www.wy.blm.gov/fireuse/fums.htm

Forum Member

loxfire6016, The vehicle you saw sounds very much like a USDA- US Forest Service fire vehicle. The color scheme described is as typical of the Forest Service

I am not familiar with Alabama highways, but if you were near Redstone Arsenal or any one of the other military installations, it could have probably been from one of their fire departments. There are several of them in Alabama. It does sound somewhat like a Forest Service rig though. Out here the BLM uses similar vehicles, though they are white with a red stripe.
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

MembersZone Subscriber ramseycl's Avatar

We have the white and green forest service vehicles around here a lot. The forest service has a lot of wildland fire crews.

Thread Information