Schizz please tell me you were just kidding. If not then maybe you ought to go by an old firetruck and just put all youor equipment on that and drive it to the scence cuz it seems to me that if you had a tank and water pump on your truck you'd damn near be set.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

On the lid (Ben 2):Garrity light, 2 sprinkler chocks, all held down by the oh-so-famous rubber strap, bourkes.

On the coat: Koelher(sp?) Responder flashlight, carbon fiber hood (held by strap), firefighting gloves (held by strap), accountability tags, truckman's belt (goes over the coat), radio strap.

In the pants: Nomex hood, MechanixWear gloves, Res-Q-Rench, Pry-Pic tool, knife, golf ball, door chock.

If your a junior, what do you need a door chock for?
    Juniors here are allowed to make entry.
    Last edited by WFDjr1; 04-01-2003 at 11:12 PM.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

SFDny15
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by WFDjr1
    golf ball
    May I ask why?

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Here's a few reasons for the golf ball: Ventilation (although not the best way to do it) for a window you can't reach with a pike pole. When going through the interior, roll it in front of you, it will hit walls before you hit them head first, and should there be holes in the floor, it will fall in it before you fall in. A flashlight is good for the same purpose, though it is more expensive.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

i am a senior firefighter but i post here anyways...

helmet-- strap, flashlight, 2 door chocks, medical scissors
    jacket-- pocket mask, rubber gloves, knife, extrication gloves, spanner wrenches, sprinkler shut offs, door chock, suvivior light, 2-way radio with microphone
    pants-- interior gloves
    FIREFIGHTING IS ALL ABOUT ***, BUSTING OURS TO SAVE YOURS!!

i dont liek to have my gear weighing alot from tools so i try to keep my gear light.

helmet: flip downs, big rubber band holding on 2 door jams, and a helmt light

jacket: gloves (both fire ones and leathers), cpr mask, scott mask (used for training), knife and hood. light and radio are taken off trucks

pants: screwdrivers, players, res-q-wrench, search rope, and medical gloves.

anyone have any suggestions for anything else?

Check out my family run business, specializing in personal response vehicles.

www.ltronix.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Helmet- disposable flashlight and sprinkler wedge under a inner tube band
    Pockets- my leatherman tool, 20 feet of webbing, safety glasses, medical gloves, ear plugs, and i used to have a collapsable spanner until it walked off somewhere, and my yellow lens Cairns Vison-Flex goggles
    Coat- gloves on a glove strap, and my pelican flashlight
    Rob
    Captain
    Logan Township Fire Dept.
    Gloucester County, NJ

Standard Disclaimer: These are my opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my department.

KVFCJR: I like that water bottle idea, especially for these hot summer days...plus the water that we have incubating on our truck isnt too refreshing. Of course it sucks in a live fire job but I reach in my pockets while gearing up anyways, just throw it on the truck bumper/dash before you go in.....

Forum Member

I have a flashlight on my helmet, A few pairs of nitrile gloves im my coat pocket, and a pair of extrication gloves, water bottle, & 16' chunk of webbing(used for training purposes only!) in my bunker pants. Thats about all an explorer needs.

Ive carried a radio once in three years, but thats when I was the only explorer officer who was with the post on a certain callout.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TLEAD01 View Post
    KVFCJR: I like that water bottle idea, especially for these hot summer days...plus the water that we have incubating on our truck isnt too refreshing. Of course it sucks in a live fire job but I reach in my pockets while gearing up anyways, just throw it on the truck bumper/dash before you go in.....
    WOW for your first post was on a thread that hasn't been active for 8 years no less.

You youngsters really should look at the dates on these old posts.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TLEAD01 View Post
    If you juniors did your job properly there would be fresh water in the cooler each and every day.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    If you juniors did your job properly there would be fresh water in the cooler each and every day.
    What if they're not in the station "each and every day?" Good god man, I praise god we're not on the same department....around here EVERYONE has responsibility to do the **** work, not just the Juniors and Probies.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Opppsss! Just saw that!

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Already done. I keep a case of water in my truck for callouts. When I get on our rig I just toss it in the back compartment, that way we have a case of fresh water not only for the ff's but my "kids" too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    WOW for your first post was on a thread that hasn't been active for 8 years no less.

And you would have yelled at him for starting a new thread because this topic already existed. He can't win.

Bumping old threads when the topic is irrelevant is one one thing (Like when the topic is about something someone is about to buy, or about to take a job, or something that is time sensitive. Bumping it years later is pointless). But what tools you carry in your pocket is not something that ever becomes irrelevant, unless Firefighers stop carrying tools.

If this bothers you so much, perhaps write to Webteam and ask them to delete and/or lock old threads? Or change the rules to say that people are not allowed to respond to old threads or they need to check with you first?

Forum Member

I know this thread is old, but it is still nice for others to know what people carry in their pockets.

For me I carry a $10 flashlight, a pair of medical gloves, a flashlight/glowstick, a reflective vest, a screwdriver, pliers, safety glasses, and a small piece of webbing for tying odds and ends.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WD6956 View Post
    And you would have yelled at him for starting a new thread because this topic already existed. He can't win.

Bumping old threads when the topic is irrelevant is one one thing (Like when the topic is about something someone is about to buy, or about to take a job, or something that is time sensitive. Bumping it years later is pointless). But what tools you carry in your pocket is not something that ever becomes irrelevant, unless Firefighers stop carrying tools.

If this bothers you so much, perhaps write to Webteam and ask them to delete and/or lock old threads? Or change the rules to say that people are not allowed to respond to old threads or they need to check with you first?
    No I would have yell at him for beginning a new thread. If a search had been done, he may have found several others dealing with same thing. Why yell at me?

Bumping is not, or was not allowed. It may be OK now, but chiming in on a thread with the last post is over 8 years really don't make a lot of sense. The guy who first posted it, may have left the fire service and the late answers really don't help.

The web team is locking or deleting old threads as some as old as this one has no merit today.
    Give them time to get to all these old outdated ones.

One can load their self down with everything in the world off the apparatus, but it still does not make them a firefighter. We usually call them firefighter helpers, since they are carrying all the tools while the other member are carrying the hose line, ladders or other equipment to deal with the fire or situation and doing the work at hand.

I had enough to carry with total turnout gear, breather and irons or what ever, with out loading down my pockets, helmet with other stuff.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Wait until you fight fire, you'll find out how few of that **** you'll actually need. Traveling light especially on stairs is worth more than the entire firestore.com inventory.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

On my helmet is nothing but my facesheild
    On/in my coat I have my gloves on a glove strap. I used to carry a Streamlight Survivor but I didn't like the way it looked nor did I think I would ever use it being a Junior.
    In my pants I have my Nomex hood, safety glasses, a pair of wire cutters and needle nose pliers.

In the near future I plan on putting a simple folding knife in with my tools, a small flashlight and some extraction gloves. I feel, as a junior that I don't need half of what actual Firefighters have.

Forum Member

Webbing, mechanic's gloves, door wedges, and safety glasses...
    Kyle - FireSquad911

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireSquad911 View Post
    Webbing, mechanic's gloves, door wedges, and safety glasses...
    Also carry a knife...
    Kyle - FireSquad911

Forum Member

Helmet: 1044 with bourkes + defender goggles
    Jacket: survivor LED, accountability tag, hood, chapstick, Mechanix Gloves (sometimes in my POV unless I know I'll need them)
    Bunkers: gloves

Not much else I really need for calls or training

Thread Information