Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WD6956 View Post
    And you would have yelled at him for starting a new thread because this topic already existed. He can't win.

Bumping old threads when the topic is irrelevant is one one thing (Like when the topic is about something someone is about to buy, or about to take a job, or something that is time sensitive. Bumping it years later is pointless). But what tools you carry in your pocket is not something that ever becomes irrelevant, unless Firefighers stop carrying tools.

If this bothers you so much, perhaps write to Webteam and ask them to delete and/or lock old threads? Or change the rules to say that people are not allowed to respond to old threads or they need to check with you first?
    No I would have yell at him for beginning a new thread. If a search had been done, he may have found several others dealing with same thing. Why yell at me?

Bumping is not, or was not allowed. It may be OK now, but chiming in on a thread with the last post is over 8 years really don't make a lot of sense. The guy who first posted it, may have left the fire service and the late answers really don't help.

The web team is locking or deleting old threads as some as old as this one has no merit today.
    Give them time to get to all these old outdated ones.

One can load their self down with everything in the world off the apparatus, but it still does not make them a firefighter. We usually call them firefighter helpers, since they are carrying all the tools while the other member are carrying the hose line, ladders or other equipment to deal with the fire or situation and doing the work at hand.

I had enough to carry with total turnout gear, breather and irons or what ever, with out loading down my pockets, helmet with other stuff.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Wait until you fight fire, you'll find out how few of that **** you'll actually need. Traveling light especially on stairs is worth more than the entire firestore.com inventory.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

On my helmet is nothing but my facesheild
    On/in my coat I have my gloves on a glove strap. I used to carry a Streamlight Survivor but I didn't like the way it looked nor did I think I would ever use it being a Junior.
    In my pants I have my Nomex hood, safety glasses, a pair of wire cutters and needle nose pliers.

In the near future I plan on putting a simple folding knife in with my tools, a small flashlight and some extraction gloves. I feel, as a junior that I don't need half of what actual Firefighters have.

Forum Member

Webbing, mechanic's gloves, door wedges, and safety glasses...
    Kyle - FireSquad911

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireSquad911 View Post
    Webbing, mechanic's gloves, door wedges, and safety glasses...
    Also carry a knife...
    Kyle - FireSquad911

Helmet: 1044 with bourkes + defender goggles
    Jacket: survivor LED, accountability tag, hood, chapstick, Mechanix Gloves (sometimes in my POV unless I know I'll need them)
    Bunkers: gloves

Not much else I really need for calls or training
    Rapid Intervention is a contradiction in terms. Nothing is rapid on a fireground.

Thread Information