Permanently Removed

Default Personal tools and gadgets

What do you guys arry in your TO gear?

I carry

Helemt: Disposable flashight, and swiss army knife (tucked under a big rubber band(old truck tire tudes work best)) and i have a mount for another flash light too, so at night I got head lights , ha ha

Coat:Communication radio, and the flash light the could go on my helemt.

Bunker pants: i have a belt on my pants, which i made out of seat belt and mettal rings, on that i have my gloves (with a glove strap) and a Res-Q-Wrench.

In the pockets of the pants, are my extrication gloves, another seat belt cutter, cpr mask.

And the tool i love most, my gel insoles in my boots !

Forum Member

Default ok

I carry a helmet light and doorchock on my helmet.

Medical gloves and cpr mask in my coat.

Carry mpact2 gloves, firefighting gloves, and a Resq wrench in my pants.

kvfcjr why in the world do you have a radio?
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

Helmet- Disposable flashlight

Coat-Hood,Gloves on a glove strap, safty glasses, medic gloves

Pants- No pockets But i clip my minitor II to the suspender at a call so i can hear the radio.

Helmet(Leather)- Rubber strap, Window punch, golf tee

jacket- Rescue Gloves, Fire gloves, Safety glasses, folding spanner wrench,flashlight

pants- webbing, rope
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

Coat- folding knife, wire cutters, small adjustable wrench for battery terminals, medical gloves. Inside coat pocket - waterproof tablet, space pen, bandanna. Pants- fire gloves, extrication gloves, webbing, utility line, rescue wrench, ESS goggles which clip onto my helmet. GUT belt - flashlight, bail out bag. Nothing on my helmet.

between my 2 sets of gear i have my gloves on a golve strap, a 3-c steam light for my coat, a "new york style" flash light on my helmet, a seat belt cutter,saftey glasses, and my personal touch leather fire boots. i also carry a few things in my mask bag. this guy on our department made some for us so i got a green bay packer mask bag! its sweet!
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

Forum Member

Originally posted by RemptyP
    GUT belt - flashlight, bail out bag.
    PLEASE, tell me you are NOT an explorer or junior and were just adding to the discussion as a senior member??
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

On my helmet an U.K. Flashlight,

In my coat a folding spanner wrench, Cpr Mask, Rubber Gloves, Ext. Gloves, life hammer, Traffic cone for my helmet light, and E-911 Radio.

In My pants Clear eyes solution and Goggles.

Permanently Removed

I carry a helmet light and doorchock on my helmet.
    If your a junior, what do you need a door chock for?

kvfcjr why in the world do you have a radio?
    All our junior oficers have personal 2way radios, to comunicate with at calls.

Permanently Removed

Traffic cone for my helmet light, and E-911 Radio.
    What is an E-911 radio? and what do you mean by having a traffic cone on yer helmet?

Originally posted by Kvfcjr

What is an E-911 radio? and what do you mean by having a traffic cone on yer helmet?
    I would presume that he means an attachment for his helmet light. I think I've seen what he's talking about in a Gall's catalog. It's a piece of molded plastic made to fit over the top of a flashlight to make a wand of sorts of some color or another to direct traffic with. Sorta reminiscent of a "Lackland Laser" (Lackland AFB requires flights of cadets who wander around at night to carry them so we don't get run over) or the colored wand a flight-line marshaler uses to direct aircraft on the tarmac.

me personally i keep it simple in my gear...

Helmet- nothing on it except my face shield
    Jacket- i put my smokes in the inside pocket with my rescue gloves for MVA's and i put my 2-way radio in my radio pocket in the front of my jacket
    Bunker Pants- i have my right leather glove in the right pocket with my nomax and i have my left leather glove in my left pocket

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnJVFD
    [B]me personally i keep it simple in my gear...

Jacket- i put my smokes in the inside pocket

oh your smokes huh? good place for em.
    never forget 343 FDNY
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

SFDny15
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by JohnJVFD
    Jacket- i put my smokes in the inside pocket...
    Please, enlighten me on why you need those on the fire scene?

MembersZone Subscriber

keep sucking those cancer sticks, they will prolly kill you long before the fire does.

well somtimes i the first thing i grab when my pager goes off is my chew but i agree that also doesent really belong on a fire sceane.
    never forget 343 FDNY

Forum Member

The traffic cone or "Traffic Wand" is just what SAR Freak said, The E-911 radio is a portable unit that connects you with all the officers and depts. on a fire scene as well as the County Dispatch, All of are FF have one so you are never out of reach with anyone or if needed help. Kinda expensive but very useful.

Permanently Removed

oh yaeh, i also have a minni scope, for looking at things such as telephone pole numbers on wires down calls. and a small 1qt water bottle

Well all i have is my helmet w/ face shield, coat w/ extrication and fire gloves, and pants that i keep my hood in. And I want to know why some of you have door chalks? We aren't allowed in the fire where i go. Maybe thats just because im 16. I dunno. But maybe I should get a flash light. That would come in handy.

Stephen

Permanently Removed

I personaly think that some juniors carry them just to be cool, if you know what i mean.

BUt, the more mature ones i'm sure have a good excuse. Door chalks are not only used for chalking doors in a fire. Some of the juniors are on the rescue squad, or ambulance, or first responders, and you may commonly need to chock a door open to haul people out.
    Also, door chocks can be used for alot more than just doors. They can be used to jam anything you need, such as at car accidents. We had an issue with a slide in step on the side of one of our trucks that wouldn't stay closed while enroute to a fire, a door chock wored perfectly to solve that problem.

I have 20 flash lights, 6 knives, 10 pairs of spanners in various sizes, 1 mile of both resuce and utility rope, First aid kit, portable hydrant, 150' length of 1 3/4" line, 200 pairs of gloves, Hurst tools, a 55 gallon drum of gatorade, and 6 walkies in my turnout gear.

haha you dont keep a 2 pounds of beef jerkey in there?
    never forget 343 FDNY

yes i know they are *cancer sticks* but im addictive and ive tried and im trying right now to quit.. but i dont only take them on fire calls i take them on MVA when im just standing around waiting for something or PSP to show up thats when i'll lite one up.

PSP= Pennsylvania State Police

i know how it is man, on the dept. that i am on, alot of times when i am stitting at the station doing nothing or at a chimeny fire or wheni am on a secne for along time i like to have a dip.
    never forget 343 FDNY

Temporarily/No Longer Active

in my coat i have
    res-q-wrench
    ear plugs
    knife
    gloves
    hood
    window punch
    accountability tags

also im in the process of getting a new flashlight.

Thread Information