Default New trucks anyone?

Hey everybody in Minnesota. Just thought I would throw out a question and ask about recent deliveries or planned deliveries for any of your departments. One of our four stations in Maple Grove just got a new tiller a few months ago. It is very nice. We're also building a new station (#5) this summer so that one will get some of our old trucks and we'll be getting some new ones. Anybody else getting new trucks?
    Last edited by mgdrummer929; 04-07-2003 at 07:28 PM.

Forum Member

I'm not from Minnesota (actually, I am from British Columbia, about 1500 miles to the west, and north a little), but I know Fridley got a new rescue a little while back. While I was talking with their chief (who recently retired) he was talking about maybe getting a 100 foot ladder as well... but he was just in the very early stages of looking around.

There was also another place, I am not sure of the township, but I seen a picture and the specs for their new 100 foot ladder (may have been 110 foot). I real nice Superior/Bronto... It caught my attention because there was a "hinge" for the last 10 feet or so, which allowed it go up, and over, the front ledge of buildings, or swing down, below grade, for rescues (IE, river rescues). I can't seem to find the brochure at the moment, but I am sure it will turn up as soon as I stop looking for it.

I also believe that Excelsior was getting a new station.. or at least they hope to.. I heard that they are having a hard time with a new city council or something, so I would like to wish all of them the best of luck.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Construction of the new Excelsior station is under way. It's just off Smithtown Rd. So far, there's just a lot of concrete!

I wonder what is going on in Mound. I haven't driven right past the station lately, but I used to be able to see it from County Rd 15, and now it looks like it's just wiped off the face of the earth.

I don't know about that Mound station...I didn't know Excelsior was building a new station. Is it possible that Mound is too?

MembersZone Subscriber

I searched the archives of the MN Sun paper, and came up with this piece, Orono, Excelsior close to fire station agreement , dated March 13 of this year.

This must be the year of new fire stations. They should be starting on the new one in Hopkins soon. They're in the process of getting a new apperatus too.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

What the heck does Maple Grove need a tiller for?? I used to be with Chaska Fire Dept. I think they got a 110 ft Bronto Last summer.
    Stay Safe
    GFIRE

Forum Member

...Chaska!!!!!

That's the one that I seen in the brochure. From what I have seen it looks like a pretty nice rig.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member

Thumbs up

New full size rescue is to arrive next week. Can't wait for it. Sparton/saulsbury rescue unit. waited over 15 months for the truck.Click Here then on the left for photo album for the in construction pics.I'm going to wait till it arrives before i post any new shots.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Why does Maple Grove need a tiller?

Maple Grove's new downtown area is designed so tight, that no straight ladder truck could make the turns. They got a heck of a deal on a refurib though, it is practially a new truck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I have only one thing to say about Ladder Trucks Pierce All Wheel Steer.
    GFIRE

I live in Cottage Grove. We recently just got a new Ladder truck to replace our old one that has been running for about30-33 years now. Still runs. Our old ladder was i think 100ft. the new one is only 75ft and most of our apartment buildings around here are taller than that so some firefighters are ticked about that but its all good.
    Carrie Hagen
    CGFD Explorer
    HealthEast Paramedic Explorer
    medicgirl532@yahoo.com
    fireboop3125@firehousemail.com
    carebear3125@hotmail.com

**FireFighting not recommeded for mere mortals **

Bump 'N Grind
    Firefighting
    Get your hose out,
    Put your rubbers on,
    And get 'em real wet!