Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Smile New Fire Scenario...

Okay here goes...

In your district you have a small gated community of about 12 modern five story apartment buildings constructed of precast concrete panels. There are no lifts/elevators fitted, nor any standpipe systems, hosereels, sprinklers etc. Each building has one stairwell, about 4 two bedroom apartments on each level, and each apartment has it's own individual balcony. All apartments are 6 hour fire rated. The central carpark around which the buildings are built is very tight when full of cars, and so you will be unable to position larger apparatus such as aerials in workable positions. There is a hydrant, but it is out on the street.

At about 11pm you recieve a call for a reported fire in a 4th story apartment building.
    First appliance on scene will be a pumper with driver/pump operator, officer(you), and 2 firefighters - this pumper carries only 2 scba's (arrives time of alarm +5 minutes)
    Second is another pumper with 1 officer only and 3 scba's (arrives 2 minutes later)
    Third is a salvage unit with 4 crew and 2 scba's (arrives a further 2 minutes later)
    Fourth is an aerial with 2 crew and 2 scba's (arrives a further 3 miutes later)

Scenario #1 - you arrive on scene and evacuating civilians report that there is a fair bit of smoke in the 4th floor corridor, but you can't see fire venting out the windows yet
    Scenario #2 - you arrive on scene and there is heavy fire blowing out the windows of the apartment with a civilian cowering in one corner of the balcony screaming for help
    Scenario #3 - you arrive on scene and evacuating civilans report that fire has extended out the open door of the apartment into the corridor and has now made the stairwell impassable, and they aren't sure how many people may be trapped in other 4th and 5th floor apartments.

Go for it... and have fun
    Last edited by stillPSFB; 03-19-2003 at 09:45 PM.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope that someone out there will be able to help my friend out with some strategies for his new problem. We haven't had any buildings higher than 2 stories (until now) in our part of the world, and so he would appreciate some input from those of you that have experience in multi story firefighting operations.

Please...
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Thread Information