Thread: Embarassed

Forum Member

Default Embarassed

As a citizen of the United States and Chicago,I am so embarassed by the clowns that decided to "take to the streets" tonight in Chicago. As we watched at the firehouse, I couldnt help but note what a waste of City resources that are being expended to babysit these goofs. I am all for free speech, but there is a legitimate threat of terrorism and the CPD is busy enough without having to use hundreds of officers for this sh*t. On a brighter note, it looks like the CPD isnt taking alot of crap from these jerks. This war has just started and the last thing we need is some pinkos blocking Michigan Ave. and Lake Shore Drive because they are misinformed. 16 U.S. and British Marines died tonight when there helicopter went down. These brave soldiers died for all of us. I hope that the early reports of Iraqi millitary leaders wanting to surrender are true.

Forum Member

Mikey, is it confirmed that all 16 are dead? The only report I have read so far just said that the chopper had crashed and 16 personel are on board.

Yes, Smoke, as far as they know, they all have died.

MIKEYLIKESIT,
    I couldn't agree more. What exactly are these people thinking? God forbid, if something were to happen here in Chicago, "Sorry, the police are busy babysitting right now, please call back later..."

On a more serious note, may the soldiers who perished today rest in peace. Be safe...

Forum Member

OK, just read another report,it appears you are correct, certainly a sad start to this war.

Forum Member

According to the news, 12 U.S. and 4 British Marines died. I dont wanna sound like Archie Bunker, but when I see most of these protesters, they look like punk kids that are looking to go out and cause trouble. I dont think Mayor Daley II is going to put up with too much of this stuff. It is one thing to protest a political convention or trade summit but We are at WAR.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't wait to hear Mayor Daley's reaction to the mess the protesters caused. Those of you who aren't from around here may not be familiar with the mayor. He is not exactly politically correct when he gets agitated. He is always good for a funny soundbite.

His rant today about Mickey and Minnie Mouse getting a no fly zone, while the Feds told Chicago they couldn't have one was priceless.

By the way, as I was posting I just heard it was four American's and twelve Brits on the Chopper that went down.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Disillusioned Subscriber

You're right Duffman. They've updated the story, and now it's 12 Brits and 4 US soldiers. All killed.
    Last edited by Steamer; 03-21-2003 at 12:57 AM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Here Too.......

Being this close to the US Capitol, we got the same problem, we're just waiting for the same type of @##$%$ to come out of the University of Maryland or someplace similar. I still believe in the old phrase "America, love it or leave it" and maybe we should think about passing that message out. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Good Morning or good evening depending where you all are when you read this. I'm a Canadian living and working here in the Gulf. I have been here last few years conducting Emergency Services Training. We are fairly close to where the balloon has gone up. May God protect all the brave men and women doing their part to make this and all other areas of the world safer for us and our children. Mau God also protect those who will come after to repair and contain the mess now that the psycho has lit up some oilfields. Keep safe and keep the faith

Forum Member

Be careful out there Bryan. Keep us up to date.

Permanently Removed

Default I am also sorry...

As a contributor over here on the West coast, I also
    want to say I am sorry and embarrassed. Thousands of
    people in California took to the streets to slam the
    very country that gave them the freedom to do so.
    As I drove into work today, I heard about the masses
    on the radio gathering to "throw mud" at the government
    and local law enforcement.

IMPORTANT NOTE- These are the same losers that would
    BASH President Bush if he did nothing and we got
    attacked again on our own soil. 9/11 cant never be
    repeated!

Again fellow Firefighters, I am very sorry and
    embarrassed. Thank you.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 03-21-2003 at 04:07 AM.

Forum Member

This is the first I have heard about the protests.

Throwing mud at law enforcement, come on I thought we were the only ones allowed to throw stuff at the cops.

Not only does it embarass me, but it makes me extremly mad.
    The cops didn't order up this war, they are only doing their job.

Throw mud at me, block the roads?? HA! That is what extended bumpers are for.

Round em' up ship em' out. Live targets.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Forum Member

There so called "peacfull protests" were a lot more than just people standing around with signs. Here in San Fransisco they put on grimm reaper costumes and masks with black flags and had stun guns and a similar homemade device that looked like nun chucks.

These people are very dissrespectful to do this right now, our troops need 100% support weather you agree with the President or not.

Good luck troops and make us proud.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default speechless

I have no words,for uneducated protesters,who have no idea,what they are actually protesting for.Dont give me wrong,they might have masters etc,but sure dont know nothing about dictatorship,Hussain and history of Irag!I wish they could spend one hour ,only,in Baghdad protesting against Saddam,that would be their last prtest,ever.Mikeylikesit,you sure are right,these are kids,just looking for trouble.I'm also very dissapointed with British people,only 30% of nation is supporting Tony's Blair's action.Ryan,God be with you guys and help you to come back home safe.Thank you,guys,for all what you are doing for us.Stay safe

Forum Member

Default Re: Embarassed

Your point is taken, Mikey. Let me ask you this, though:

If the same number of people chose to non-confrontationaly protest the war, say, near the watertower or the navy pier, would you still feel the same way? It's one thing if they are causing a significant disruption to city function- there's no need for crap like that. But if they chose to do this in a non aggressive way, what would your thoughts be? Anti-war is one thing; anti-American is quite another. It's possible to be against the war, yet stand behind the deployed forces and wish their safe return, no?

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    As a citizen of the United States and Chicago,I am so embarassed by the clowns that decided to "take to the streets" tonight in Chicago. As we watched at the firehouse, I couldnt help but note what a waste of City resources that are being expended to babysit these goofs. I am all for free speech, but there is a legitimate threat of terrorism and the CPD is busy enough without having to use hundreds of officers for this sh*t. On a brighter note, it looks like the CPD isnt taking alot of crap from these jerks. This war has just started and the last thing we need is some pinkos blocking Michigan Ave. and Lake Shore Drive because they are misinformed. 16 U.S. and British Marines died tonight when there helicopter went down. These brave soldiers died for all of us. I hope that the early reports of Iraqi millitary leaders wanting to surrender are true.

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Embarassed

Originally posted by DualReverse
    Your point is taken, Mikey. Let me ask you this, though:

If the same number of people chose to non-confrontationaly protest the war, say, near the watertower or the navy pier, would you still feel the same way? It's one thing if they are causing a significant disruption to city function- there's no need for crap like that. But if they chose to do this in a non aggressive way, what would your thoughts be? Anti-war is one thing; anti-American is quite another. It's possible to be against the war, yet stand behind the deployed forces and wish their safe return, no?

It is funny you mention these 2 spots because that is the general area where they took place. Chicago has enough crime,fires and general mayhem, that it really didnt need a protest that started at one approved spot to "go on the road". Hard working people got caught in traffic for hours.The city budget along with cities across the nation are being slashed and services are being cut.On the FIRST day of the war, there is alot of unknowns and to disrupt the center of a major city (and terrorism target) IS un-American. It is good to question the government and to satnd up for what you believe in. But one must be suspect of the motives of a young person "mugging" for the T.V. cameras when there are young people fighting (and dying)overseas.

Forum Member

The irony of it all is that even though they are protesting a war, terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, Hamas and Hezbollah would think nothing about them being a target for a suicide or car bomb.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Let them all protest where the fighting is. I'll chip in to buy some of them a one way ticket.

I have no problem with them wanting to protest, but I agree they should do so in areas that are designated beforehand and will not disrupt other people's lives. Yes, the war affects everyone's lives, but these protests will have no effect on the war.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Default Idiots

As I watch these idiots during the live news shots dance around the reporter and talk on their cell phones ("Hey! It's me! Turn on Channel 9! I'm on TV!!!"), two thoughts occured to me:

1) None of them looked to be over the age of 30.

2) How many of these mopes have jobs? In this economy, any smart, red-blooded American would be at work; typing an e-mail to their congressmen about their feelings.

Then another thought. "No blood for oil!" Where the hell is that coming from? The reporters NEVER stop these sniveling idiots and ask them, Where does that come from? Why? Cause 99% of them would say the same thing: "I dunno. That's what they told me this war was about....."

By the way, I read a newspaper article about two weeks ago that stated of all the oil the US imports, 40% comes from Canada. Did you here that Cannucks!!! YOU'RE NEXT!!!!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

As a Former Marine myself - with my brother-in-law flying over the Gulf as we speak, I would have, and still would, gladly lay my life down for these people's right. As it has been stated, many of these people are students who are 18 to 22 years old and no sense of reality or sense of the world. When they are led out of school by professors who never left 1960s they, some of them, do not know better.

Most of these kids, and that is what they are, are usually well off. Mommy and daddy pays the bills, buys them a new car, and they have no sense of responsibility in the world. Here in Mass. we had protestors in Boston trying to block interstates and shutting down major arteries throughout Boston and Cambridge. The students and professors were from Harvard, Northeastern, M.I.T., Boston College, Boston University, and several other schools that are very expensive. They do nothing to garner support for their "cause." Think about this, their contemporaries are showing themselves to be greater. They serve their country, selflessly, voluntarily, and gallantly to preserve this country, defend this country, and ask for nothing in return.

I can guarantee you that with 8 Britons, and 4 Marines who died in the helicopter crash last evening, along with the Marine officer who died in Iraq this morning will have none of these protestors at their funeral thanking them for securing their right to free speech and protest. Sadly, many young today - I am part of "Generation X" - have no sense of sacrifice or hard work.

Good shall prevail, these protestors will continue to be thought of as a joke, and lose the respect of their contemporaries and society. Just look at how many people now feel about the protestors from the 1960s and 1970s.

My final thought is this. These people fight, kick, throw rocks and other devices at police - yet they are desiring peace. Hypocrites.

Much as I do not William Shakespeare, I think this appropriate with this current topic:

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
    Let him depart; his passport shall be made
    And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
    We would not die in that man's company
    That fear his fellowship to die with us.

This day is call'd the feast of Crispian:
    He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
    Will stand a tip-toe when this day is named,
    And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
    He that shal live this day, and see old age,
    Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
    And say, "Tomorrow is Saint Crispian":
    Then will strip his sleeve and show his scars,
    And say, "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile
    This day shall gentle his condition:
    AND GENTLEMEN IN ENGLAND NOW A-BED
    SHALL THINK THEMSELVES ACCURSED THEY WERE NOT HERE,
    AND HOLD THEIR MANHOODS CHEAP WHILES ANY SPEAKS
    THAT FOUOGHT WITH US UPON SAINT CRISPIN'S DAY.

William Shakespeare,
    King Henry - Henry the Fifth.

The icing on the cake -

When it's all over and you're home once more, you can thank God that twenty years from now, when you are sitting around the fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did in the war, you won't have to the other knee, cough and say, "I shoveled sh#t in Louisiana."

General George S. Patton

Prior to the invasion at Normandy, FRANCE in 1944
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I did get a good laugh at the protesters in San Fran. Wish SFFD would've used a torch to cut up the pipe instead of a hacksaw.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

District Chief

People have the right to their opinion, but everyone needs to keep this in mind.

During the Gulf War, we made an agreement to stop the campaign if Sadam disarmed......HE DID NOT DO IT and he continues to support and practice forms of terrorism.

On September 11, 2001 Terrorist Nations attacked our native soil and since that time have attempted to use and have used WMD against U.S Targets and International Targets, killing people in their path. This does not include the thousands lost on 09-11 and our 343 Brothers, not forgetting the NYPD and Port Authority Officers.

Since that time the U.S. and other nations have aggressively saught out terrorist, capturing them, trying them, and deporting foreign nationals that are in this country illegally.

As recent as yesterday another credible threat for terrorism on our nations soil was made public and another suspect alledged to be involved in the 09-11 incident has been identified.

These people who are not in support of our effort to protect our freedom and the freedom of others in the world need to wake up and smell the roses!

As Toby Keith says: "Its the American Way" If these people do not like it....they can pack their bags and go live in one of these third world countries and be governed by dictators like Sadam and Osama. Either buck up and get with the Nation....come on...a new poll released today says 76% are in support of the actions taken by President Bush.

It seems as if (to quote Toby again): "We'll put a boot in your *s*, its the American Way" is well underway. Let's get it done....and done right.

God Bless our Fighting Forces and God Bless the rest of us who are left behind to protect the Homeland.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Wish I could take credit for this e-mail I received.

Now that we are at war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists" who will
    try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones
    who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001, and those who support terror.

These activists may be alone or in a gathering.....most of us don't know how
    to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of their
    rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike up a
    conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They will
    tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the people who did
    this to us, we will only bring on more violence. They will probably use many
    arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them in the
    nose.

3. When the person gets up off of the ground, they will be very angry and
    they may try to hit you, so be careful.

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only brings about
    more violence and remind them of their stand on this matter. Tell them if
    they are really committed to a nonviolent approach to undeserved attacks,
    they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them they must
    lead by example if they really believe what they are saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are correct.

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them much
    harder. Square in the nose.

7. Repeat steps 2-5 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot
    realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making.

8. There is no difference in an individual attacking an unsuspecting victim
    or a group of terrorists attacking a nation of people. It is unacceptable
    and must be dealt with. Perhaps at a high cost.

We owe our military a huge debt for what they are about to do for us and our
    children. We must support them and our leaders at times like these. We have
    no choice. We either strike back, VERY HARD, or we will keep getting hit in
    the nose.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Well, what about 9/11? Yes, bin Laden, et al did a horrible thing. Yes, we went to get him and his cronies. Yes, I think they deserve whatever we can dish out to them. But where's the connection from Iraq to 9/11? Saudi Arabia has a bigger connection to that horrible day, yet we aren't invading Riyadh. But whatever Bush is or is not, our troops certainly deserve our support and wishes for their safe return.

However, I certainly take issue with your generalization with liberal arts people. Thats the whole problem, here: generalization. I'm a liberal, and I'm not entirely in support of the war. You gonna tell me I've got no clue? If we ever met, I'd tell you why I feel the way I feel, but if in the end you still felt the way you do, I wouldn't look down on you, and I certainly wouldn't imply you have no clue, so why are you being a playa hata? There are people on both sides of the isle that we probably should overlook when considering another viewpoint. If you take my views for me and overlook extremist protesters who are probably affiliated with my party, I'll listen to your views and overlook the fact that Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helmes are part of the party you're probably associated with.

You're laughing at someone dying? What's that all about?

Originally posted by TrojanHorse

What amazes me is how soon they forget 9-11-2001. While these people may be educated,they certainly aren't smart. They have no clue about history. Then again, they are liberal arts people.

LMAO!!!! Just saw one of the Jackass protestors from San Fran died after falling off the Golden Gate Bridge. Serves him right

IACOJ BOD

brings back memories of that song by olivia Newton-John and John Travolta, "Hopeless C Devoe ted to you......"

DualReverse, do you think Saddam has been all tea parties and happy happy days with his loyal subjects for the last 30 or so years, bollocks he has.

Someone has to remove this madman before he continues to grow, or his offspring grow, in power to excel the best efforts of any terrorist group to date.

You may not like war, or the concept, you may believe there are better ways to do things, like talking. Politicians at the UN have destroyed whole forests churning paperwork out over Iraq for the last 12 years, with no results.

Go explain your view to Saddam, see if he gives a damn, or if you live through the experience. Try then explaining your view to the Kurdish people, or Israeli/American/British families that have lost people to terrorists.

Try explaining them to some Bedouin family in the Iraqi desert, whose biggest challenge for the day is staying alive, without anyone having a war in their neighbourhood, or some idiot gassing their village because they come from the wrong tribe.

But please, do not try and explain them to rational people that defend freedom and believe in it passionately enough they are prepared to defend it.

They just might.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Thread Information