MembersZone Subscriber

Default Preference of aerials/tower ladders mid-mount or rear mount

Looking for preference on aerials and tower ladders mid-mount or rear mount. I have driven both in NYC and they each have their pros and cons. I prefer a aerial to a tower ladder for the reason that you always have an unimpeded way to get to the roof when assigned the roof position.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was on the job in CT for just over 8 years and I'm interested in what SOP's are. So if you don't like what I post, don't reply.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default re: posting

Hey:

I respectfully disagree with you drkblu, I enjoy any posts in the CT forum, and find apparatus questions a bit more relevant then some of the other sorts of nonsense that seems to go on.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Jim I figured that's what this forum was for fire service topics in CT.

i prefer tower ladders over aerial because you have more options in a tower. in my dept we have a tower and 3 people can fit in the bucket. also its easier to get on a room from a tower but if a person cant go on the roof its easier to work off a bucket then an aerial. also on the tower we can attach saftey lines to many different points on the bucket. in the event i have to id rather have to bail onto a platform them a stick. not that im lazy..well i am.. id rather jump in the bucket and have it take me up then climb an aerial.
    FIREFIGHTING IS ALL ABOUT ***, BUSTING OURS TO SAVE YOURS!!

Thread Information