Default Honest, it was the Hummer that was stuck Chief...

We were just pulling them out!

Darn Hummer guy...must've put the pictures in reverse order...yeah, that's it!

http://www.colorado-hummer.org/Blizzard2003Denver.htm

Forum Member

Hmm what I can say, Maybe one of those incidents where its better the Chief not find out

Forum Member

Default Whoops

One word somes it up from here
    Whoops
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Talking HUMMER vs ENGINE... OR IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND????

As an Army Geek, I can deeply appreciate that one.... oh and by the way, it was the Hummer that got stuck.... just needed a "friendly" hand to get turned around. LOL

(No, actually I wasn't there... not even in the right "neighbourhood", but it sure sounded good cuz that is the story I would be telling if I was. - LOL)
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

IACOJ Agitator

Dal, I knew there was a reason our FD's got hummers!
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

MembersZone Subscriber

That snow reminds me of cold and wet also why im down here, I saw snow about 15 years ago here it's just as cold and wet as I rembered

Forum Member

AAAaaaggghhh,

I just can't stand it, I have to point out that what the guys in the hummer did was terrible to their vehicle.

Look closely, there is a nice (probably never used) winch on the front of that Hummer. Rather than beat the crap out of the automatic transmision, twist the body of the Hummer, or go shooting off into the other snowbank and end up with two stuck trucks, you chock all four tires and pull with the winch while the transmision is in neutral and the park brake is set.

I was taught how to pull stuck vehicles out of the mud and such when I was a Marine. The rule was, the only time you were allowed to beat your truck was when you were being shot at. In that case, you hook and run as fast as possible. At all other times you use the winch, much gentler on both the puller and the pullee. If my 1st Sgt. saw me yank a 5-ton out of the mud with a Hum-V he'd use me as a snatch strap on the next stuck truck.
    ______________________________ __________________
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    ______________________________ __________________
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Forum Member

Dal, I can sympathize with them. Got our Squirt stuck in our last bug snowfall. Our Emergency Management has an old army 6x6 for just such occaision, unfortunately, they got it stuck trying to pull the truck free. Had to have a front end loader come along and pull both out. Had my whole crew walking around the scene making sure no one got any pictures!
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information