HNFC FF/President

Default Military Service

how many of you guys out there are planning on joining the military in the future?

I plan on joining the U.S. Army after graduation from high school and firefighter I. I'm signed up for a new Navy Junior ROTC program that the school will have ready for next school year.

If so, what branch are you planning on giving Uncle Sam you John Hancock?
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

If all goes well, I'll be Army ROTC this coming fall. So far, the administrative half of the scholarship has come through, I'm just waiting until they evaluate my physical and hopefully I'll be awarded a four year scholarship to Norwich University for their nursing progam.

There are a lot of programs that can give you a head start with the ROTC scholarship stuff. Good grades, high SAT/ACT, student gov't, sports, Junior ROTC, Civil Air Patrol, scouts, volunteer work, etc.. are all parts of being an ideal "well rounded" candidate. I'd recommend applying for a scholarship for anyone who intends to join the military later in life. It doens't cost anything to apply and who knows, you might get a free education and a job right out of school.

I plan on going into the Air Force as a Security Forces Apprentice. After that then some more college then hopefully a career in Federal Law Enforcement and hopefully still be a volunteer FireFighter somewhere and also be in the Reserves for a long time. With the way things are going right now I would love if I could enlist in the military now. Oh well, soon enough.....
    These opinions are my own, not of my company or my affiliates

2 in, 2 Out, Pass on, Collar up, SHOW TIME!

I want to either join the navy or coast guard. i am really getting serious about the coast guard. i'm either going to do fire fighting(damage contolman) or somthing with search and rescue.
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

makes good girls go bad

I am in Air Force Jr ROTC and am planning to be a FF in the AF and be on melbourne FD when i get out of the AF.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Thread Information