Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default equipment funding

Does anyone know of any funding opportunities besides the FireAct and the Fire Assistance Program?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

It depends on the equipment you're looking for. The upcoming DHS grants will probably be aimed towards WMD equipment and training. I think the application period opens around mid April.

You can also check the USFA publications site (www.usfa.fema.gov, and one of the options up top gives a drop down and Publications is one of the choices). Look for the manual Funding Alternatives for Fire Departments. It will give both state and federal sources.

Brian

It depends on what you are looking for.

I know in the state of North Carolina, we have a grant program through the state fire marshall's office. So certainly check w/ the state of TX & the dept of insurance.

Another possible source is US Dept of Agriculture. I know they give assistance for local water systems, etc. I dont know for sure what all is includes but if you need hydrants & can work w/ your municipalities in providing water to the community, you might be able to link this.

Good luck.

try this link for grant opportunities & info

[URL=http://www.dragonflynet.com/GrantResources/links.cfm]

Thread Information