Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default ISO Class 8B rating

About a yr or two ago there was talk about ISO starting a new class rating called Class 8B. It was basicly a reduced Class 8 to fill the big gap between Class 9 and Class 8. Does anyone know if this has been offically started, still in testing stages or dropped altogether. I had heard that they were testing it in Oklahoma but i not for sure and that was 2 yrs ago.

There is a residential Class 8 rating that applies to residential structures only. Basically, if you have meet all the requirements for a Class 9 and can supply a 200 GPM flow uninterrupted for 20 minutes (4000 gallons total water) you can have a residential Class 8. A pumper with a 1000 gallon tank and a tanker with a 3000 gallon tank or any combination that will get you 4000 gallons of water on the scene should get you a residential Class 8. Contact ISO and ask them for the "Supplemental Criteria for a Residential 8 Rating".

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info, So I take it ISO is still using that class 8. Do you know of any depts that have to that i might connect. Against thanks

I don't know of any Departments that have gotten that rating. Here's a link to the ISO page regarding 8B. It has some contact info for ISO. http://www.isomitigation.com/fire75.html

Thread Information