Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Health/Wellness

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Health/Wellness

Does anyone have any words of wisdom concerning... equipment, programs or anything else in the Health/Wellness section of Firefighter Safety and Operations?

Any help or information i can get would be appreciated!

Anyone with a grant that focused primarily around Health/Wellness that was funded... please... help!!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Houston Fire Department got $750K for exercise equipment for all of their stations, but I haven't seen the details of the grant application.

Physicals, exercise equipment, and anything else along those lines were well rewarded last year if my memory serves me correctly. There's plenty of supporting evidence of poor health in the fire service as a whole so the narrative should almost write itself.

Thumbs up health/wellness/fitness

we recieved a grant of $48,000 last year for a nutrition/fitness program including the purchase of gym equipment. Best shot will be to depts that are just starting a program(at least it was last year). email me at ( ltadley@comcast.net ) if you would like to see our narritive.

Forum Member

Thumbs up health and fitness

Best to refer to NFPA standards etc. to back your requests, NFPA # 1583 is standard on health-related fitness programs for firefighters, I think its something like # 1582 or so that covers requirements for physicals etc. (sorry let my dep. chief borrow my copy, can't quote you the exact stand #) MUCH GOOD LUCK with applic.
    Last edited by CharlieRFDPres; 03-30-2003 at 06:42 PM.

Thread Information