Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default What was your academy like?

I have a Board of Safety interview and a mandatory workout next week, before the academy starts. I am both nervous and excited that I have made it after four years of trying. So, my question to you guys/gals is, what was your academy like and what would be some advice going in. I was thinking about starting a daily journal to keep all of my experiences in, anything else I should consider? Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Academy

I enjoyed my experience and was in better shape there than when playing high school sports. Go in humble and listen. Drink plenty of water before class. Have fun too. You will forge relationships that will last your entire career that hopefully will last into retirement. A former classmate of mine wrote an article about his experience in our recruit class. Click on the link.

http://www.withthecommand.com/2002-A...etthebaby.html

Default R1SAlum, Thanks

Wow, what a great story. You guys sure went through what would not be short of calling hell, but I bet you would never change a thing. Thanks for the story, I loved it. In fact I am going out for a run right now, thanks for the extra motivation.

Thread Information