MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Submitted ours at 14:48 on 4-10-03 we were number 12027. About a thousand later than last year

Forum Member

Well, it looks like alot of cramming to get the 19xxx they had last year. Good for those that are done.

I did som quick math, if they just take all the apps they get and split the money even between them and do what we needed with it, we could all get about $40,000.00.

I no I no I just upset someone, somewhere. But hey to get $40,000. instead of nothing, would you agree?

Default Application #'s

Well the Bozo Puter says that as of 21:00 hrs Central Time there is 20,201 applications of which at last post by ffemt1977, he submitted his as #12,027. This leaves a little over 8,000 applications to get done by 17:00 hrs Eastern Time. Glad I ran a hard copy just in case the server goes South!
    As for the post as everyone agrees to take $40,000, that's how much I put in for on the grant application! You get my vote!
    Good Luck to All!

Default App Number

Submitted this morning around 2:30 and mine was 10230 LESS PEOPLE REQUESTING LESS MONEY MEANS GOOD CHANCE LOTS OF PEOPLE GETTING GRANTS

Just submitted my second application, this one for a mutual aid department. It was 5:50 am, with about 11 hours to go, and the number was 15448.
    Non Volunteering Volunteer (Retired)

IACOJ Agitator

Submitted at 13:30 on April 11th. Grant # 17665
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

WebTeam is there any way you can get a confirmation on the number of applications submitted???? This would be greatly appreciated. The less number of applications submitted........the less hair I pull out.

Forum Member

There were...one MILLION applications!
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Default Application #'s

There was 20,894 being worked on, of which not all got submitted! A good guess would be 20,000 and would make it out that 96% got submitted! Twice the $$$$ and about the same # of applications submitted!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Now, it's the waiting game.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, rain on the parade or to sound negative, but the submitted applications must still meet the purpose and criteria of the grant program. The federal final rule is still there and that will not change.
    I hope everyone who submits is awarded. Unfortunately, that will not be the case.
    It's not lotto, but pretty damned close.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The White Hat of Reason hit it on the head. It was already mentioned in several articles that many building modification proposals didn't meet the criteria. In addition to that, many victims of automatic canning were from spelling and arithmetic mistakes. Haste makes waste, so waiting until the last minute has probably claimed a few more victims unfortunately.

Forum Member

I know of five departments surrounding us that wrote grants at the last minute asking for apparatus, and every one of those departments have several new rigs.

We have asked for funding to buy scba, cascade, and fit testing equipment, what did everyone else ask for?

Thread Information