Thread: CT juniors

Default CT juniors

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone was planning on going to the "Cadet Spring Break Camp" held at the CT fire academy. This is the e-mail I recieved about it. I'm not sure if I can go, but if I do, I hope to see some of you there.

================================================== ============

March 25, 2003

Spaces still available for Cadet Spring Break Camp

The Connecticut Fire Academy still has openings for the 3-day 2night
    cadet firefighter program from 8:30 AM Tuesday April 22, through 4:30 PM Thursday April 24, 2003.

Students will stay at the Connecticut Fire Academy, where lodging and
    meals are provided. This course is open to all cadet firefighter ages 14-17.

This course introduces cadet firefighters to the fire service. Topics
    addressed include: discipline; introduction to the Connecticut Fire
    Academy; fire department organization and structure; fire behavior; fire streams; ladders; and search and rescue.

The cost of this program is $250.00, course #03000336.

For information please contact Paul Nyerick at (860) 617-6363 x243 or
    toll free within Connecticut 1-877- 528-3473 x243, or email paul.nyerick@po.state.ct.us.

Forum Member

If I lived in CT I probally would go to that but I don't
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

IACOJ Agitator

SAR, they also do that during the summer. So if you don't get a chance to go, save your money for the warmer weather...
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

My department just started a cadet program, anyone from 15 years of age until they are 16, at 16 they become probationary members. Anyway if we get more people this might be something good to do when the time comes. We only have two people right now, and i will become a probationary member in april so I think we should get some more guys before we think about going. It looks like a real good idea though. Thanks
    ~DAN

Adze... can't go this summer, work won't give me that many days off (I already asked for a week off and the limit is usually 3 days during the summer)

Dan... What better reason to go now than the fact that you don't have a lot of cadets? Send your cadets and let them spread the word to their friends about how much fun it was and the cool stuff they learned. Great recruiting strategy "hey guys, guess what I got to do over break... yea, and if you join the FD, you can go this summer and do it too." .

Anyway, it looks like a great opportunity... all I gotta do now is convince my mom to let me go .

Forum Member

Well we wouldnt be able to go to the April one anyway, our break is the previous week. But I would like to organize something for the summer, more time to come up with the money and people to go. I would like to do that, you have any details on the summer one yet? How many people usually go?

Permanently Removed

Yea, me and 1 or 2 other guys from our dept. are going this summer, should be fun! ey, has anyone ever been there before? If so how was it/what was it like??

Thread Information