Thread: Ipn

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Ipn

HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THAT SERVICE WHERE YOU BUY A PAGER AND YOU EMERGENCY CALLS IN YOUR AREA?THE SERVICE IS CALLED INCIDENTPAGE.NET ANY DEALINGS WITH THESE GUYS GOOD OR BAD? THANKS STAY SAFE OUT THERE

Forum Member

I'd say try a few other groups, first...
    What part of the country are you in?

MembersZone Subscriber

Word to the wise. The information is only as good as the people putting it in the computer. If you have no one in your area to forward information then you will not get any.

You can sign up with IPN adn YOU can become the person sending it. I am a dispatcher witho CFP (Carolinas Fire Page) and receive pages all of the time.

Try something more local if you have it in the area. They tend to be more personable and the information is better. I was a part of IPN for a while... I did not like all of the garbage calls they sent out. Everyone could send information on the pager and there was no way to regulate it.

I do not know if it has changed or not. However, I get the same thing with CFP at a better deal.

Check your area or let me know what area you live in and I will tell you if you have a page service there.
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

Forum Member

Default Incident News Alerts

Hello,

I figured I had to chime in here. For a little while I had been a subscriber for IPN, and personally, I question some of the things they put into there pages. There management if extremly rude, especially when I went to talk to them about there habits. I am currently subscribed to Incident News Alerts, the information in there pages are excellent, and everything I could want, There management is very helpful and always willing to help, there link is: www.incidentnewsalerts.com Be sure to check it out.

Thanks,
    Fred

Forum Member

I live in the DFW area. Are there any other good notification services besides IPN that serve the DFW area? My experience with IPN has been pretty good so far. Their customer service leaves something to be desired. But the flexibility to chose the cities, types of incidents and hours to be notified are nice features.

Forum Member

Exclamation Incident News Alerts.

Hello,

Incident News Alerts has excellent customer, and their incident types are so detailed. The selections menu is perfect, I could not ask for more. Much more detailed then IPN. If you have any questions, here is the Operations Manager's e-mail address: inaopsmgr@incidentnewsalerts.com
    Or go to INA's homepage at www.incidentnewsalerts.com

Thanks,
    Fred

Forum Member

Default Ipn

I live in the NH/MA are and started about 10 years ago with a company called East Coast Paging. The guy that owned the company was a local FF and he provided an excellant incident notification company. I had stopped the service for awhile and about 3 years ago i satarted up with IPN. Thier info seemed to be pretty good, and working in Emergency services i noticed the pages seemed to go out pretty quick after something went out over the radio. I then became a dispatcher for IPN. They had very strict guidelines to follow prior to dispatching anything, and if you sent something questionable, or wrong they were quick to send you an email. Some of thier support people seemed to be somewhat rude, but on the other hand some were excellant. IPN seemed to have a decent grasp of what was going out, and quickly eliminated people who were sending out bogus stuff. I do not have any news notification services now, but I would look at other compannies as well. I think the only other one around here is TAC9.

Jon

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebuff045
    Hello,

Incident News Alerts has excellent customer, and their incident types are so detailed. The selections menu is perfect, I could not ask for more. Much more detailed then IPN. If you have any questions, here is the Operations Manager's e-mail address: inaopsmgr@incidentnewsalerts.com
    Or go to INA's homepage at www.incidentnewsalerts.com

Thanks,
    Fred
    Who actually runs Incident News Alerts & what state are they in? The website is not very professional & has quite a few mis-spellings. If I were running a company, especially in the News & Communications area, I would ensure my website was professional.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sfdffemt17
    I live in the NH/MA are and started about 10 years ago with a company called East Coast Paging. The guy that owned the company was a local FF and he provided an excellant incident notification company. I had stopped the service for awhile and about 3 years ago i satarted up with IPN. Thier info seemed to be pretty good, and working in Emergency services i noticed the pages seemed to go out pretty quick after something went out over the radio. I then became a dispatcher for IPN. They had very strict guidelines to follow prior to dispatching anything, and if you sent something questionable, or wrong they were quick to send you an email. Some of thier support people seemed to be somewhat rude, but on the other hand some were excellant. IPN seemed to have a decent grasp of what was going out, and quickly eliminated people who were sending out bogus stuff. I do not have any news notification services now, but I would look at other compannies as well. I think the only other one around here is TAC9.

Jon
    East Coast Paging and TAC 9 were bought out by First Responder News.

I was a memnber ogf the East Coast family for over 15 years and knew the Brookline Jake who operated it. When First Responder News took over, my pager had died.

When "Sluggo" owned ECPS, if you had a pager problem and had the insurance on the pager, he would tell you to either come down to the store or mail it to him and he would either fix it on site or replace it with a new pager.

FRN told me that they no longer honored East Coast's pager insurance (yet I was still being billed for it) and would have to pay $50 for a rebuilt pager or spend a few hundred for a new one.

I called FRN on their toll free line and told them to please cancel my account.

They said no problem.

I then received a bill for a month's worth of service and a late charge.

I called FRN.

They assured me that the problem was taken care of.

The following month, I recieved a bill for 2 months of service with the attached late charges.

It took three tries to get this matter straightened out, all the while they tried to convince me to stay on. Apparently, many former East Coast and TAC 9 customers were having the same problems.

I no longer belong to a fire paging service, as a matter of fact, I have found that I do not miss it at all.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

BUGGY5632
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am a dispatcher of 1stresponderwirelessnews.com. I have found the service to be quite informative for the regions I subscribe to, especially when I am out of town and want to know what's going on at work.

Thread Information