Thread: Mock Explosive

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mock Explosive

Looking to make a device (probably air filled) that can be used to simulate a small explosion. The effect that I am going for is a lot of noise, to teach my firemen to be aware of secondary devices. I was thinking maybe of overpressuring a cardboard tube, but I'm unsure of what it will take to construct it. Any ideas would be helpful.

Do you have powerpoint? Basically the plans I have are for an air fitting to a cap that you can screw onto the cap of an empty plastic bottle of any size, after drilling a hole in it. Score the bottle, fill it up. Boom! The video I've got is of a foam jug blowing up. Huh, huh, cool...Safer with Dawn bottle or milk jug.
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, could you please send it to Randy@whoever.com. Thanks a lot!

Forum Member

hooah13 Have you tried using a balloon ? When you have your ff's looking through the building or how ever you are doing just blow up a balloon and pop it behind them to give them the idea of what it would sound like. Just an idea I thought I would throw at you. And if you get a chance could you send a copy of your training policy to me I read one of your posts in another topic. You can send it via email if you wish.

Thread Information