Forum Member

Default Incident Reports....

What type of incident reports do ya'll fill out after a call. My department is looking at going to some sort of fairly detailed reporting system, but we need some ideas if ya'll have any blank forms you could email me, or something....Thanks!
    -Kris

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Well........

There is a standard out there, only I don't know where it is, you might try to find it thru FEMA. It's called NFIRS (short for national fire incident reporting system) Also, many states have a state mandated standard, we have one here in Maryland, and it interfaces with NFIRS. If you are applying for a FIRE Act grant, your department must submit reports to NFIRS. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

I am looking for somwthing more like an EMS Run Report, I am not sure if this is something like that or not...I did look at the FEMA website, but I am still not sure this is what I need....

MembersZone Subscriber

EMS2000 is the standard around here. I think the official name is EMS solutions 2000.

Eric

MembersZone Subscriber

Default incident reports

We use firehouse software, it works great for us, it uses nfirs, we can put in training for iso, ems reports, inspections, etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

My department also uses Firehouse Software. Our problem was in gathering the information at the scene to enter into the program back at the station. To that end, I designed a form tailored to the kinds of runs we make - we're a suburban/rural combination department operating out of three stations. The IC on the scene fills out the form, then either he enters it, or if he is "computer-phobic" we have our part-time paid guys enter the run off of the form.

If you e-mail me with your address I'll be happy to mail a blank form to you.

Thread Information