Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Out of County?

Default Out of County?

As an EMT student, can I run my calls out of my county? (Montgomery County)

As a EMT student you may run calls out of your county, you just need to find out from your instructor if your covered under the class. Ask the instructor if your allowed to do Ride-A-Long
    Jr. Chief
    EMT
    FireFighter
    Stat. 89
    Pennsylvania

As a student you can only ride along as an attendant you can not treat the injured unless for CPR and ready supplies and taking documentation. You might find an EMT that will allow you take vitals and such but I wouldn't go past there.

Al Smith
    Volunteer EMT

You misread my question, but that's okay.

As an EMT student I am able, where I run, to do everything I have been trained to do as long as I demonstrate that skill efficiently in practicals.

I would really check with your commander if he/she allows it that's fine. But where I am at we do not allow the uncertified to run calls, even if you can demonstrate the skills it could land the squad in a whole heap of trouble if something should go wrong if the patient should code. Save yourself the aggrevation wait until you get certified to run calls for now sit back and watch that's the best advice I can offer.

Al Smith
    EMT

This post is old and I have since foundout that running calls outside the county is fine, as long as it's with a Moncto preceptor.

ALSO, I am required to run a minimum of 6 calls to graduate EMT school. So there is no choice. As a student we purchased insurance to cover us until we are state certified.

Thread Information