Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Always try to be ready for anything!

This event happened about 100 miles south of my location. I think George Wendt posted a story about a similar incident a few weeks back. I posted this one as a reminder to everyone that we've ALWAYS got to be careful. The story is from a local TV station's website.

-------------------

March 31, 12:33 p.m.

Butler County Man Charged for Shooting at Authorities

A man is facing six counts of attempted murder for shooting at authorities who responded to a mobile home fire Sunday night. When Greenville police, Butler County sheriff's deputies, and volunteer firefighters arrived at the home of Ronald Shields, he allegedly greeted them with a rifle and gunfire.
    Authorities say Shields started shooting, striking three deputies and two Greenville police officers after they showed up to give assistance. Some of the officers were taken to the hospital, but fortunately, none of their injuries appear to be life threatening.
    Shields called 911 from his home in the Wald community on Highway 31 just south of Greenville. Authorities say it appears he had intentionally set a trailer on fire behind the home. A retired Navy Seal, Shields surrendered about 45 minutes after the initial shooting and was arrested.
    Sheriff Diane Harris says there is reason to believe the man may be dependant on medication and had not taken it recently. She says none of her deputies returned fire because they were just trying to get out of the way.
    Greenville Police Chief Lonzo Ingram says one of his officers fired off a few rounds, but none of the bullets struck Shields.

This sounds like something that would happen with a meth. lab fire. Keep in mind that things are not always as they seem.

Thread Information