Forum Member

Default telesquirt vs. teleboom?

I've seen different versions of these two devices on different apparatus...What is the difference between the two>?

Forum Member

Default 50 teleboom vs. telesqurt

50' teleboom is an E-One product and is only available on E-One chassis. Bodies can be E or Saulsbury. The Telesqurt was made by Snorkle but was purchased by American LaFrance a few years ago. It is in 50',65', and 75'.

My money is always on E-One, but the Telesqurt is a great design and should not be sold short by anyone. Been on both and lovem' both.

Lets be careful out there.
    Later.

MembersZone Subscriber

Another distinct advantage is that the Tele-Boom is a mid mount device, where the Tele-Squrt is a rear mount only. The Tele-Boom is also rated like an E-One aerial and is structurally superior. Another advantage of the mid mount Tele-Boom is that it allows a more conventional pumper hosebed without the turn table assembly in the way and the ensuing need for hose directing dividers. Those directing pieces along with the dead area immediately in front of the device eat up valuable hose bed space. Just some thoughts.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Forum Member

We have an E-One Teleboom. Runs as first due piece and has done more than we expected from it.
    Last edited by Bones42; 03-15-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

OK...

So the biggest difference I'm seeing here is that the teleboom is midmounted and the telesquirt is a rearmount...Seems to be that makes the telebooms better for taking lines off the back and telesquirts better for crosslays....Am I close here?
    Remember KQJ943

Forum Member

Our boom above carries 1000' 5", 400' of 2 1/2", 200' of 2 1/2" with 100' 1 3/4" on the end of that all on the rear. First due piece lays in fairly often and have not had any problems. Truck also has 2 200' 1 3/4" crosslays. Only issue with the crosslays is it's much easier to pack them with the ladder raised, but very possible with the ladder down. There is room (though we did not request it a the time) for a third crosslay for 2 1/2".

What made the biggest difference in our choice of rear or midmount? The midmount ladder at same overall length, was shorter and more manueverable(sp?) with the midmount. Access to get on the ladder is 100 times easier on a midmount than a rear mount. Look at a rear mount and consider bringing a person down that ladder during a rescue. Look at getting on the ladder with hose in the hosebed and with all the hose gone from the hosebed. Our midmount has a stairway next to pump panel, the roof of the truck is diamond plated leaving a large platform area for accessing the ladder, also a spot to mount tools that will be brought up the ladder.
    Last edited by Bones42; 04-15-2003 at 10:34 AM.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

It was mentioned earlier that the Teleboom is only avalible on E-1
    chassis. Not so. I have seen many on Fliners and International Chassis, Spartans also.

Take Care

MembersZone Subscriber

Just F.Y.I., E-One will no longer put a Tele-Boom on a Commercial Chassis. Just some thoughts.

Stay low and move it in.
    Last edited by STATION2; 04-17-2003 at 02:12 AM.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Forum Member

I just got off the phone with the Canadian facility and the Mid mount teleboom is still avalible on commercial Chassis. As a matter of fact there is one about to hit the production floor on an FL80 4 door raised roof for Elkford BC.

Respectfully
    Andy

MembersZone Subscriber

I have been told by the Ocala engineers that they will no longer produce a rig with a Tele-Boom on commercial chassis. This may be an American thing with them not doing it, I do not know. If I find out anything else, I'll pass it along.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Thread Information