MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Default It is my privilige to extend a laurel, and a hearty handshake to our new........

Trustee!!!

Congradulations to ChiefReason on his election yesterday to the position of Fire District Trustee.

The Chief bought off---- er, I mean BEAT OUT a large field of candidates to become the first bored, I mean BOARD member with fire service experience in the history of his District.

Seriously, God bless you Chief; good luck in your new position.

Now, can we talk about my budget?
    Last edited by jaybird210; 04-04-2003 at 02:11 PM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Trustee Reason

Congradulations Chief!!! Take care of our Brothers.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Congratulations to my fellow crusty!!
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default There is this uneasy energy......

Thank you. Thank you.
    Over in the Illinois forum, we have been discussing trustee issues for quite some time. It's funny; but I have been attending trustee seminars for the past nine years. You know; to give me a perspective of what "they" were suppose to be doing. Now, I am one of them. And though I must keep my eyes on the money that I have been elected to appropriate, THE SAFETY OF MY FIREFIGHTERS WILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS BE THE FIRST PRIORITY!
    "Getting by" will not be acceptable.
    "Good" will not be good enough.
    "Make prgress; not excuses".
    Our fire department have heard all of this before.
    So it will come as no surprise that we will continue in that direction.
    I appreciate your good wishes.
    How long is the honeymoon suppose to last?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking awesome news!!!

Congratulations CR. That is awesome news. Fire District Trustee. Does this make you a Sir now? I will have to call you Sir Chief Reason now.

Last edited by superchef; 04-02-2003 at 11:46 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default BOARD OF TRUSTEE MEMBER????

WELL DONE CHIEF! Congratulations on your new posting.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Congratulations and best wishes for your new position. I am sure you will do a fine, fine job.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

Congrats !!!!!!!!..............but us Ohioians arent really sure what this means ? What do you do now Chief ,as a trustee ? thanks and again good luck glad all your hard knocks paid off .........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Default A little 'splainin' 'bout IL politics

For the benefit of my Buckeye friend:

In Illinois, fire protection service is either provided by a municipality (city or town), or by a Fire Protection District. FPDs are organized much like school districts: they have boundries, and the folks within those boundries pay taxes to support the FPD. When a district is organized, people can petition to join that district to enjoy protection. ChiefReason probably knows this better than I, but I do not think that there are any areas not covered by some form of fire protection left in the state. Some districts consist of the rural area around a city with an paid fire department; that District may choose to contract with that municipality to provide services outside the city limits.

The Fire District is overseen by a Board of Trustees, who are responsible for appointing a fire chief (and sometimes some or all of the officers), leavying sufficent taxes to operate the department, "hiring" personnel (and this can include paid, career; POC; or volunteers), and ensuring the proper, legal operation of a Fire Department. I'm not sure, but I believe the Illinois EMS Act says that if no other provider exists, then the Frie Department or Protection District must provide that, also.

This is kind of a nutshell overview; if you think about it, it's a pretty serious responsibility. $#!+ rolls downhill, but it's source is at the top, and the District Trustees are just about it. Some Fire Districts (like the one I'm from) have their Trustees appointed by the County Board; others, like CRs, elect by popular vote. So CR had to seek the job, campaign, then buy-off.....uh I mean, SEEK the votes of the population of the Fire District to gain his seat.

Sorry to ramble on like this, but you asked for it!!!!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

so not trying to be sounding like a goof ........... but if they do all the appointing (in some locations) of all or some of the officers .......isnt that ALOT of politics running a FPD ? does it work well ? are there such troubles out there ?> thanks for info !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

MembersZone Subscriber

but if they do all the appointing (in some locations) of all or some of the officers .......isnt that ALOT of politics running a FPD ?
    Yes, absolutely. And in some places, that's what you get. Now, in most places, it doesn't run like this; most places appoint the chief and the asst. chief. Mostly, this takes place in vol. depts.

In my case, they appointed me, and then approved my choice of A/C. They also allowed me to appoint whoever I wanted for officers.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

absoluetly fascinating ................ I cant wait to talk to you more about this ! WOW ...............
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Congratulations on your new position, ChiefReason....

Someone who knows what the job is and what is needed... what a concept!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Wink

Chief,

Congrats on your election. As to the honeymoon, When is your next board meeting? I speak from experience as a past board member.

Ours is made up of two firefighters and seven members of the community. No municpality involved.

Good Luck

Thread Information