Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Plea for help for Firefighter who lost leg in accident.

This was just forwarded to me by a friend.

March 11, 2003

MEMORANDUM

To: Whom It May Concern

Subject: Donations for severely injured Federal Firefighter William Silva

To Whom It May Concern:

On Saturday February 22, 2003, NAS Fort Worth firefighter William Silva was involved in a horrendous motorcycle accident. His injuries, which included several broken bones and ultimately the removal of his left foot from the mid calve area down, have been to say the least life and career altering. The journey of therapy and his recuperation has just begun. Though insured, his medical and personal debts are surely going to be outrageous. That is why we are asking to extend your hearts and hands to this fellow Department of Defense Firefighter. Having only been in the federal system for a short time, we are sure you can understand the hardships he and his family are facing at this time.

Will, a veteran of the United States Marine Corps with four years of outstanding service joined our department in August 2001. In the short time Will has been employed here at NAS Fort Worth, he has been an exemplary employee, having earned numerous certifications and licenses and awards. Also, in his off duty time, he has been very active in numerous side projects throughout the department including volunteering his time to go and speak at various schools lecturing children about his life as a fireman, fire safety, and fire prevention. That's why we are now distributing this memorandum. We as a department are doing everything we can both financially and administratively to help him and his family in any way we can. Among other things, we are planning a fill the boot drive and hot dog sale later in the month. We are in turn asking you for help. Your donations of money or annual leave would greatly be appreciated.

If you have any questions, or if we can be of any further assistance, please call us at the numbers above.

Thank you,

The Firefighters of NAS Fort Worth ESD

Lt. John Shelton
    NAS JRB Fort Worth
    Fire & Emergency Services
    1425 Carswell Ave.
    NAS Fort Worth, TX 76127
    Com: 817-782-6330 DSN: 739-6330
    Fax: 817-782-6338l
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

MembersZone Subscriber Airborne's Avatar

Sorry I'm always leery when it comes to donations. I have not been able to find anything on-line about this guy or his accident. Do you know if there is any thing online such as a a newspaper artical or anything.

I looked at a few sites, and I did find the web site for the Organazation that he is with, but they did not have anything on there related to this.

Check out the news section on www.dodfire.com. Mr. Silva was a friend of mine when I worked at this department.
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Here is a link to their department website, for those of you who are interested.

http://nasftw.cnrf.navy.mil/fireems/
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office

Thread Information