Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Dispatch Protocols

I am trying to make up a set of dispatch protocols, and would appreciate any assistance I could get.

Our dispatch for our Fire Department is ran through our police department. In the past, there has always been the argument that since it is through our police department, we don't have much say in their policies. I disagree, and would like to put together a set of protocols I could take to the fire chief and also to the police chief and the dispatch supervisor to try to get some "bugs" worked out.

We are a paid on call department with 2 stations. We have 2 people on duty (part-time) from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, that respond to all calls in the city. We provide all Fire/Rescue/EMS services to our city, have an automatic aid agreement with 1 neighboring department (for structure fires, MVA's with extrication, building collapses, aircraft incidents, and a couple other major incident types), and provide mutual aid whenever requested.

If someone had a sample set(s) of protocols they could email me I would greatly appreciate it. I work full-time as an EMS dispatcher for another agency, but can't really use many of our policies/procedures because we only dispatch for EMS, and all of our calls are transferred to us by the 911 call-takers. Plus we use the Medical Priority EMD system at my full-time job, but do not use them for the fire department I work for.

You can email me at nfd151@sbcglobal.net

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide

Brian

Here's a little more info I should have posted before.

Our dispatch center handles our Fire, Police, and Street departments dispatching. We have either 1 or 2 dispatchers on duty, depending on time of day, and day of week.

Default In the mail

You should have mail! I sent along policies and procedures we use at our center. Hope it helps...

Default Try this company

National Acedamy for Emergency Fire Dispatch. there web site is www.naemd.org. Our county uses the medical protocol and just started using the fire protocols.

Thread Information