Default Fire Scenario: Like an episode of Law & Order, torn from the headlines...

Or at least the "crime & safety" section of my local paper.

But I thought it was a great "thinker" about what you would coming up on this scene -- after of course after the very initial size-up of crud, this is gonna be a long night...

Gotta remember to think of what resources you have, what you'll need, we're you're putting them, and what ya gonna do with them.

Fiery Route 2 wreck kills one, injures one

NORTH STONINGTON -- A Cheshire man was killed and another man injured in a fiery crash between a car and a tractor-trailer that closed Route 2 for several hours early Sunday.

Traveling east on Route 2 shortly before midnight, police said 21-year-old Christopher G. Wilby Jr., of 182 North Timber Lane, Cheshire, was approaching the intersection of Route 617 (Frontage Road) when he swerved into the opposite lane.

Wilby struck on oncoming tractor-trailer driven by Daniel Casey, 50, of Pennsylvania, police said. Both vehicles exploded into flame upon impact.

While Casey was able to exit his vehicle, Wilby was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

As a result of the impact, burning wreckage entered a storm drain connected with a nearby commuter parking lot. The flames ignited and damaged a parked pickup truck in the lot.

To give you a "visual" of this area, it's a pretty wide open stretch of highway.

Forum Member

I need more details Dal, before I can size-up.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Thread Information