MembersZone Subscriber

Question Looking for a place to stay in NYC....

Hey Guys/Gals,

I am going to NYC the week of Sept 11th. I am looking for a hotel to stay at. Is there any place that is offering discounts for firefighters? Can you help me out and maybe direct me to a nice and cheap hotel? Any information will help greatly.

Thanks and Be Safe,
    Firefly2420

IACOJ Agitator

Go to Priceline.com

We stayed in Times Square for $100 at the Millenium - Broadway.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

MembersZone Subscriber

Look in NJ. There are tons of hotels in Secaucus, which have easy access to Times Square via bus and PATH tube. There are some nice hotels in Jersey City, near the Holland Tunnel, with mass transportation to the area of Ground Zero via ferry and bus.

MembersZone Subscriber

Last time I was in the City, I stayed in Staten Island at the hotel on Richmond Ave. It is right off the Interstate and is directly across from E-86/L-166. Great bunch of guys there.
    "What makes a person run into a building others are running out of?...Character."- Dennis Smith

www.elmirafire.org

Forum Member

I was in NYC the last of January first of Feb of this year. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Manhattan. It was on 35th between 5th & 6th Ave. There was a metro stop on the corner next to the hotel. Easy walking to Rockafeller Center, Times Square and the metro went down near Ground Zero. There are also a few pubs/bars/clubs nearby.
    I think we only paid about $115 a night. I didn't think that was bad for the City...

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Its New York's best kept secret.....hope you keep it that way ....check out the On the Ave Hotel or the Thirty Thirty Hotel.

http://www.ontheave-nyc.com/
    http://www.thirtythirty-nyc.com/
    http://www.stayinny.com/

A piece of advice, some of the less expensive hotels have tiny rooms and some, like the Days Hotel Midtown on Eighth Avenue and the Howard Johnson Inn on West 34th Street, are dreary and musty.

Also try the Ramada Inn Eastside, at Lexington Avenue and 30th Street, which opened last year. Rates are around $100. Has free continental breakfast.

Dont forget all room rates in NYC are subject to 13.25% tax plus $2.00 occupancy tax per night.
    Last edited by nycgal; 04-11-2003 at 03:45 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm taking a trip to NYC in May and this is where I'm staying. I stayed there for a week a year ago and it was great for the price. The rooms were clean enough and the shared bathrooms (you can get your own bathroom, but it costs more) were clean. It's right next to Union Square and there is NO TAX! They give 20% discounts to students and volunteers (I don't know if volunteer firefighters count, maybe it is just people who are in NY strictly to volunteer). I'd give it a try though.

Eric

IACOJ Agitator

This is where we stayed for $100 in March: http://www.millenniumhotels.com/mc/h...jsp?hotelId=58
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Permanently Removed

Default And another....

I was a non-believer until I used it but
    www.orbitz.com really hooked us up in the
    past. Hope this helps...Bou

Thread Information