Forum Member

Default Firefighters Memorial

How many of you will attend the Firefighters Memorial and Medal of Honor ceremonies in Springfield on May 9th.
    I am to lazy to type all the info so I have pasted this from the OSFM website.

Dear Chief,

This year holds a great opportunity for all of us to show how much we care. Let us show our communities, state and nation that the Illinois fire service is united in expressing our sorrow of the loss of all of our fallen comrades in the cities, counties and states throughout the nation this past year.

Please accept this as my personal invitation to attend the Illinois Firefighter Memorial and Medal of Honor ceremonies on May 9, 2003 in Springfield. Additionally, you are invited to bring a marked vehicle or rig from your department for the muster that will be attended by thousands. The greater number of participants in the muster demonstrates a greater showing of our allegiance to our profession and our nation.

Please contact Jeff Magill at (217) 524-7641, or email Jeff.Magill@sfm.state.il.us to register your vehicle for the 2003 event. We expect an increased attendance this year therefore, we encourage you to arrive early.

Thank You,
    Ernest E. Russell
    State Fire Marshal

Jeff does a great job putting this together and is an event you will never forget.

Forum Member

There are 3 of us from Monmouth going, we are in the AFFI Honor Guard so we would not miss it for the world.

Forum Member

Default Tomorrow is the day

Has any one else decided to attend? We will leave at 6am in the morning and join up with several other departments on the way. Last year we had our own parade by the time we reached Springfield. Go to go time to wash and polish the truck.

Thread Information