Thread: Listen Up

Fighting81st
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Listen Up

Ok guys and gals,
    Anyone who is interested in joining an online fire department please click the link below we are desperately in need of members currently we have 2. The Chief Ryan Mallot, and Assistant Chief #1 (me). Basically what we are doing is we are going to be a fire department just like the real thing only its online when we have enough members, we will start getting equipment, trucks, gear, etc. Alright here is the link,
    http://groups.yahho.com/group/cadetfirerescue/

Thank you for your time in this matter i encourage you to join because i believe it will help you improve your firefighting skills.
    Sincerely,
    Assistant Chief #1

Forum Member

the link dont work there buddy!
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

Forum Member

As Robby said link does'nt work, but sign me up.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

I don't get it, but sign me up...

MembersZone Subscriber

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadetfirerescue/

He spelled the link wrong, try that one.

Forum Member

Well I too have created my own online fire department

Canyon Springs FD as it is known
    We have nine fire stations and protect an area that has a water front, industrial area, Mountainous area and residential area as a well as major highway
    We have about 25 members at the time and we're looking for more

If anyone is intrested in joining contact myself or LAFD E100

Forum Member

hmm now explain to me the point of this and then i might join
    FireSarge
    Joseph Sullivan
    Ohio

"Any man willing to die in my place is my brother. Any man willing to turn and run is my enemy. Which will you be?"

Forum Member

How do I sign up once I get in? It ask for my userid and
    password which do I use? My e-mail, only thing is I have
    Alltel.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

everyone wanting to sign up please go to my new place on msn casue it is easier to use and faster once you sign up you will be able to do anything.

everyone i will email you giving you details about the departmenthttp://groups.msn.com/CadetFireRescue/

http://groups.msn.com/CadetFireRescue/

use that link. its much easier to use

the cadet fire and rescue is an online fire department, for persons under 18 who cant be a actual firefighter because of there age. we will run like a normal fire department. we will have officers, we will get apparatus, we will train online by asking questions and all. if you have any other questions please feel free to email me at backdraft@zoomtown.com
    Last edited by backdraft663; 04-22-2003 at 12:24 PM.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

aight dude i joined
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

Fighting81st
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Sorry about that/Soccer Coach Dies

Sorry for any confusion with the link. thanks for joining.
    Last night my mom got a call about the coach he died of a massive heart attack that evening. For the past 3 years our boys team never won a game until he became the coach and then we won our first game i only played for him one year but he was one of the best coachees ill ever have had.Rest In Peace Denny Adamcheck.

sorry to hear that bro.
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

I will join but how
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

Forum Member
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Thumbs down WOW!

Rant on:
    Well after getting invited to join,I went and checked out that site to see what its all about.I have never seen such a huge bunch of Galls readin,Red lights in POV's whackers in my life!

Are you guys for real?All I saw were a bunch of juniors trying to boost there already over inflated ego's by calling them selves "Chief" or "Captain" of a "department".

If I were you Id stop going to "calls" and rideing your "trucks" and read a the Essentials of Firefighting!

Id rather be a lowly explorer learning and absorbing the traditions,pride,honor and knowledge it takes to be a firefighter through trial and error,hard knocks , getting yelled at when you act stupid,hit with a news paper when needed,learning from my mistakes,asking questions,takeing notes,working hard ,putting my nose in the dirt and trying my damdest to be a firefighter!
    Yup sounds better to me than sitting online in a FAKE firehouse boosting my ego by calling my self "chief" going to "calls" in the pictures of your "fire trucks".

Rant off:

-dfd
    Last edited by dfdex1; 04-23-2003 at 09:05 AM.

Forum Member

Question Hmmm...

Um, okay...an online fire dept.??? Are ya a bunch of hackers that go around the internet looking for FIREwalls to put out/practice on??? If so, let me make it easy for ya'll...firewalls are not really on fire. You don't have to put them out, and I wouldn't advise drenching your computer with water, even if it is on fire. Water + electricity = bad situation...

Just curious...please enlighten us...
    Last edited by Co11FireGal; 04-22-2003 at 10:54 PM.

Yeah...I've gotta go with the last two people who replied on this one. I don't really get it. Even thought the real fire in my city is only occasional...I still think it's more fun training and doing things in real life. If this is what you want to do, then by all means go do it...I just don't get it.

Forum Member

Default Re: WOW!

Originally posted by dfdex1
    Rant on:
    Well after getting invited to join,I went and checked out that site to see what its all about.I have never seen such a huge bunch of Galls readin,Red lights in POV's whackers in my life!

Are you guys for real?All I saw were a bunch of juniors trying to boost there already over inflated ego's by calling them selves "Chief" or "Captain" of a "department".

If I were you Id stop going to "calls" and rideing your "trucks" and read a the Essentials of Firefighting.

Id rather be a lowly explorer learning and abosrbing the traditions,pride,honor and knowledge it takes to be a firefighter through trial and error,hard knocks , getting yelled at when you act stupid,learning from my mistakes,asking questions,takeing notes,working hard and trying my damdest to be a firefighter!
    Yup sounds better to me than sitting online in a FAKE firehouse boosting my ego by calling my self "chief" going to "calls" in the pictures of your "fire trucks".

Rant off:

-dfd

Now I'm not sure whos Online FD you are refering to most likely the other, Mine is nothing like that since the members of my group range from explorers to seasoned and veteran firefighter's

Forum Member

what cant us cadets/explorers have a little fun.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Forum Member

all were doing is practicing running a firehouse for when we do get the be the firefighters. cant we have fun
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

why dont you just go to a REAL department to see how it runs instead of making up how you think it runs???

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Are ya a bunch of hackers
    Put a "W" in front of hackers and you got them.

what cant us cadets/explorers have a little fun.
    I seem to have fun training and working with my fellow explorers,not calling my self "Chief" makeing siren noises in my room as I goto "calls" from my "fire department"

all were doing is practicing running a firehouse for when we do get the be the firefighters. cant we have fun
    Funny I have always assumed it was the Captain,Lt. or Chief that ran the firehouse, not the firefighters.

This is why I brought spipers Explorer thread back, it was a classic that just cant be beat. How about answering some questions there! Who knows you may learn something new,instead of makeing up calls that you already know how to deal with but others maynot so you make your self look like cool "Chief".
    I learned alot from that thread,maybe you could too.

If you want to do that online fire thing more power to you,but I noticed when I went there you cant figure out why no one else signed up.I also noticed your all Captain or Lt., I have never seen a fire department that was all Captains or Lt.'s have you?

How about you simulate job cuts,staffing short falls,not enough trucks, trying to fund your dept.,keeping your ff's trained,dealing with the emotional stress that comes with the job!

-dfd

I have never seen a fire department that was all Captains or Lt.'s have you?
    I know i havent

Forum Member

ok guys. i am on a fire department. were just seeing if we could run a firehouse. if anyone else joins, we will have regular firefighters, there are even regular firefighters in engine 101 fire department. they are doing the same thing i am. dont take it negitive on me and think im inmature, i just want to see what i have into running a fire department. if you dont like what im doing its just tuff. well maybe in m days ahead ill be the fire cheif. lol. do you guys think we dont have what it takes. why dont we get a senior firefighter there and watch what we do and see what he says about it.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Fighting81st
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default To dfdex1

Excuse me but i have passed my essentials class ok so why dont you just go read it buddy yeah ok how bout that one. lol. why cant you just let us have our fun fo a while besides high egos is fun and so so is our fire department we will get it finished and we will be one of the best departments online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information