Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Fighting81st
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default Soccer Coach Dies

    The Monessen Soccer coach died last evening of a heart attack. The caoch was said to have sugar diabetes. I'm really sad that he wont caoch us anymore he broke our 3-yr losng streak and was one of the kindest men in the world.

    REST IN PEACE DENNIS ADAMCHECK


  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber fyrfyter33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Posts
    148

    Default

    I hope you got that info out of a newspaper and not off a run report. If you got it from a run, or from other personnel and you are in the US, are in violation of the HIPAA law. Punishable by a $100,000 fine to your department, and possible jail time.

  3. #3
    IACOJ Agitator Adze39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In a van down by the CT River!
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Originally posted by fyrfyter33
    I hope you got that info out of a newspaper and not off a run report. If you got it from a run, or from other personnel and you are in the US, are in violation of the HIPAA law. Punishable by a $100,000 fine to your department, and possible jail time.
    Back off the kid. Just because something is posted here that is not quoted out of a paper means it had to come from the firehouse or ambulance bay! I live in a town of 10,000 people. Word travels very fast around here. If someone dies, we all know it and probably know why too. My wife hates it because she says everyone knows everyone else's business, but it is pretty much true.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

  4. #4
    Fighting81st
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default Actually that was my soccer coach

    My soccer coach Denny Adamcheck I'm going to the funeral soon right after school with the soccer team even though i wasn't on it last year but htats alright. Like i said hes the best coach ive ever had and im going to miss him alot.

  5. #5
    Forum Member FightingDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Montgomery County, PA
    Posts
    263

    Post Condolences.....

    81st....You have my condolences. It's especially hard when you lose someone you respect & admire.

    Adze...Very true.

    -Devil
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

    IACOJ

  6. #6
    Truckie SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    fyrfyter33,
    Does that mean there can be no more posting of LODD's?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber fyrfyter33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Posts
    148

    Talking

    No, LODD's can still be posted as soon as it becomes common knowledge, liek when the media finds out about it. Chances are that will happen pretty quickly, since it always seems to, when FF's are killed in the line of duty.

    As far as previous posts as above are concerned, word never travels that fast, no matter how small a town you live in. Are you trying to tell me that 10,000 people know of a death as soon as it occurs? Give me a break. I live in an area of 12 square miles and 33,000 people. Word of mouth never travels that fast. In fact, some people in our community never know what is going on by word of mouth. And as far as info from ambulance bays and firehouse floors are concerned, that doesn't even fall within the HIPAA guidelines, and can get a department sued. Check into it, as several departments have already been sued for this violation, some departments several times. Apparently, they didn't learn the first time.

  8. #8
    Forum Member PAVolunteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Dauphin County, PA
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Originally posted by fyrfyter33
    And as far as info from ambulance bays and firehouse floors are concerned, that doesn't even fall within the HIPAA guidelines, and can get a department sued. Check into it, as several departments have already been sued for this violation, some departments several times. Apparently, they didn't learn the first time.
    Examples?

    Stay Safe

  9. #9
    Forum Member FightingDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Montgomery County, PA
    Posts
    263

    Default HIPPA Point Taken, but...

    Originally posted by fyrfyter33
    No, LODD's can still be posted as soon as it becomes common knowledge, liek when the media finds out about it. Chances are that will happen pretty quickly, since it always seems to, when FF's are killed in the line of duty.

    As far as previous posts as above are concerned, word never travels that fast, no matter how small a town you live in. Are you trying to tell me that 10,000 people know of a death as soon as it occurs? Give me a break. I live in an area of 12 square miles and 33,000 people. Word of mouth never travels that fast. In fact, some people in our community never know what is going on by word of mouth. And as far as info from ambulance bays and firehouse floors are concerned, that doesn't even fall within the HIPAA guidelines, and can get a department sued. Check into it, as several departments have already been sued for this violation, some departments several times. Apparently, they didn't learn the first time.
    Agreed about the HIPPA...I've been in the Rx & healthcare industries for almost 10 years and understand its ramifications. My dept. is trying to grapple with it daily.

    I believe that Fighting81st was looking for a place to express his grief and obtain some solace. Who knows how he found out? If it was from a run sheet, the bay or the like, then that's one thing. For all we know, he (or she) might've gotten a call from the school or another teammate. I come to these boards to learn & observe and have never written a response like this before. While your intentions of informing 81st about HIPPA are noble, your timing & composition could've been a little friendlier, especially towards someone who is mourning for a respected elder. (And especially on the Jr. Board. )

    -Devil
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

    IACOJ

  10. #10
    IACOJ Agitator Adze39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In a van down by the CT River!
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    He says "last evening". Are you telling me that if you had a coach that died you wouldn't know by 24 hours later?

    So...only one day passed...hmmmm...definately sounds like he posted right after he came home from the firehouse...

    81st, you have my condolences
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

  11. #11
    IACOJ Agitator Adze39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In a van down by the CT River!
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    And by the way...when a teacher in our town died this past February during vacation shovelling snow at his home in Massachusetts (another state, nevemind another town!), alot of people in town knew about it before the day was through and everyone knew about it by noon the next day.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

  12. #12
    Fighting81st
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default The School Board Director

    The School Board director who is good friends and works with my other called my mother on monday evening the same night that he died. No fire house was involved. It was throgh the telephone at my house and the new law or whatever in this case it wouldnt apply to me

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber fyrfyter33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: HIPPA Point Taken, but...

    Originally posted by FightingDevil


    Agreed about the HIPPA...I've been in the Rx & healthcare industries for almost 10 years and understand its ramifications. My dept. is trying to grapple with it daily.

    I believe that Fighting81st was looking for a place to express his grief and obtain some solace. Who knows how he found out? If it was from a run sheet, the bay or the like, then that's one thing. For all we know, he (or she) might've gotten a call from the school or another teammate. I come to these boards to learn & observe and have never written a response like this before. While your intentions of informing 81st about HIPPA are noble, your timing & composition could've been a little friendlier, especially towards someone who is mourning for a respected elder. (And especially on the Jr. Board. )

    -Devil
    That could be. I am advisor looking to provide knowledge to others. I in all honesty wouldn't post something such as this on this site looking for condolences. LODD's, someone you knew in the service, ok, but these are forums about the fire service. My timing may have been a little off, but nonetheless, the HIPAA point is important, and there are departments who have already been sued for this type of violation. I am trying to teach these younger ones, but also keep them in line and out of trouble, as best I can.

  14. #14
    Forum Member FightingDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Montgomery County, PA
    Posts
    263

    Post Good point...

    I in all honesty wouldn't post something such as this
    on this site looking for condolences. LODD's, someone you
    knew in the service, ok, but these are forums about the fire service.


    fyrfyter33... I agree with you. In talking to my Jrs & Cadets and reflecting on it, I've come to a conclusion: Times are a changing. The younger generations are as comfortable talking online as they are off. Although this is a fire service information board, it also serves as a place for people to talk with others in the 'brotherhood'. This board really is the only place that juniors can talk about the fire service & other topics. Maybe it would've been better to have this post in the 'Off Duty' section, but juniors generally stay away from posting on that (and other boards) because of some prior experiences.

    I think that this might be a good opportunity for the Webteam to evaluate whether the Jrs should have thier own 'Off Duty' board. We (Jakes, Crusties and those building crust) could still come to this board to educate, but would not have to surf through non-fire service related topics to help out. Just my two cents!! Thoughts & opinions? Later!
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

    IACOJ

  15. #15
    IACOJ Agitator Adze39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In a van down by the CT River!
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    I thought the Jrs and Explorers category was their off-duty section!?!?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

  16. #16
    Forum Member FightingDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Montgomery County, PA
    Posts
    263

    Default Very True.....

    Originally posted by Adze39
    I thought the Jrs and Explorers category was their off-duty section!?!?
    my paper bag headed friend!!!

    I guess what I was thinking of was a section where they can goof off (like our off duty) and driving this board more towards the kind of repertoire that you see elsewhere on the forums (good old FF questions)...but with a Jr/Explorer slant. It may keep the "online departments/other lighter stuff" separate.

    But I guess it doesn't really matter in the end...a blue light question, is a blue light question!!! (kidding!!)

    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

    IACOJ

  17. #17
    IACOJ Agitator Adze39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In a van down by the CT River!
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    I was only joking...I mean, where else can they turn to to ask such important questions such as "what do you keep in your pockets?".

    Ok...that's enough...let's not ruing this thread by making fun of the juniors...we'll start a new thread for that.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

  18. #18
    Forum Member FightingDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Montgomery County, PA
    Posts
    263

    Post Good Idea...

    Juniors...please don't be offended by this thread-- we're only kidding (about most things!!)

    Adze...hey I even asked the 'what do you keep in your TO gear' question on the boards?!?!?!? (My probie days are just about over...thank you very much-- onto 'rookie/green status'!!) Sometimes you just need to ask the silly question of people to wade through all the 'advice'....or else INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!

    I've been reading for over a year and really think that we need to create a board for Frequently Asked Questions/Discussions. Maybe we can start with the list I posted over in the off-duty forum! Thoughts?

    Later!
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

    IACOJ

  19. #19
    Fighting81st
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default I didnt come to get condolences

    I came to get it off my chest thats all the condolences are nice and gladly accepted the ones who needs those right now are his family i just needed to tell someone other than in my town cause everyone here knows we only have 8,000 people and a relatively small town.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts