Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An Online fire department

Well I thought I would take a moment to inform you about the online FD that myself and LAFD E100 have created, The Canyon Springs FD exsists only online and we have about 25 members at this time and we're in the search of more people willing to join us, We have nine stations right now and our department members range from explorers to seasoned firefighting veterans

Here is the link to our group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CSFD/

Once we have enough members we'll simulate incidents occuring in our City
    If you would like for information about this you may contact myself (Chief of the Dept) or LAFD E100 (Asst Chief),

WE'RE NOT A BUNCH OF 300 LB RED LIGHT YAHOO'S WHO SIT AROUND WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO
    Last edited by Engine101; 07-31-2003 at 11:06 PM.

bump

Forum Member

I tried the link and it says that it doesn't exist.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

That's very odd, I just tried the link and it took me there with no problem
    If you are intrested in joining you can also send an e-mail to
    CSFD-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

still looking for people to join this online department...... anyone interested? right now we have almost 60 people. anyone else want to join?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

oh geez.. here we go again.

Naw, I am good.

I like the real thing...
    IACOJ

Post Not a bunch of red light yahoo's

Originally posted by Gx7E10
    oh geez.. here we go again.

We're not a bunch of red light whackers who sit around pretending we're firefighters because we have nothing better to do,

Have you followed the link to see what it is really about?
    We have over 60 people who are real actual firefighter's many of whom like the idea of an online fire department and see it as potential learning expirience

MembersZone Subscriber

The point of this is what????

Learning, Engine101 only posted this to get people who are possibly interested to come and look not to rant on about it. Actually its pretty fun there. I would rather make a mistake on a computer than make the mistake on a scene where it could possibly be life threatening.

Everything that goes on in there is quite professional, There is no Whackers there, everyone has a great time there.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Originally posted by backdraft663
    Learning, Engine101 only posted this to get people who are possibly interested to come and look not to rant on about it. Actually its pretty fun there. I would rather make a mistake on a computer than make the mistake on a scene where it could possibly be life threatening.

Everything that goes on in there is quite professional, There is no Whackers there, everyone has a great time there.
    Very well said Ryan

Forum Member

I have this thing, its called a 'job'. It takes up my time. Then there is this thing called 'family'. Also takes up my time. I'm full.

Default Not a bunch of red light yahoo's

Originally posted by Gx7E10
    I have this thing, its called a 'job'. It takes up my time. Then there is this thing called 'family'. Also takes up my time. I'm full.
    Yes I have a job also as do many of our other members who have joined they to have jobs and familys

You seem to think this is a bunch of red light whackers, I don't know how many times I can say this but we are not a bunch of red light whackers

As I have stated many times don't judge a book by it's cover you've read this post and I doubt you've visited the site and just judged us as a bunch of red light yahoo's with nothing better to do

Listen, please. I am not trying to attack you, just let me say this:

I read this thread, and no where do I detect a hint of you being/ being called a red light whacker, neither a whacker of any kind. The people here are simply saying no thank you.

For my own accountability; I did go and check out the website, and I read. Your right, it is a professional outift, that is conducted in a mature, non whacker sense. All I see when I look at this thread however is you thinking we are calling you whackers or something. I dont know about the others, but I dont think you are.

Im sorry if you complaining about being called that was not directed towards me. Just had to put this out there.

God Bless
    IACOJ

Originally posted by MFDExplorer51
    Listen, please. I am not trying to attack you, just let me say this:

I read this thread, and no where do I detect a hint of you being/ being called a red light whacker, neither a whacker of any kind. The people here are simply saying no thank you.

For my own accountability; I did go and check out the website, and I read. Your right, it is a professional outift, that is conducted in a mature, non whacker sense. All I see when I look at this thread however is you thinking we are calling you whackers or something. I dont know about the others, but I dont think you are.

Im sorry if you complaining about being called that was not directed towards me. Just had to put this out there.

God Bless
    A post in this thread by another firehouse fourms member has made it seem like that is what we are and when people read about the concept thats the first thing that comes to there mind

Learning is what we are about anyone who wants to continue to learn is more than welcome to join

I e-mail one of you about joining but I never got a reply back about it, do I need bother to send another or is it full?
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Originally posted by explr985
    I e-mail one of you about joining but I never got a reply back about it, do I need bother to send another or is it full?

Just send an e-mail to this address
    CSFD-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Click to subscribe to CSFD

Last edited by Engine101; 08-10-2003 at 12:38 AM.

Ok. I looked at your "club". I will say this only.

A real fire department is like a beautiful woman,an online fire department is a like a blow up doll.
    Ill stick to the real thing myself

Originally posted by stm4710
    Ok. I looked at your "club". I will say this only.

A real fire department is like a beautiful woman,an online fire department is a like a blow up doll.
    Ill stick to the real thing myself
    Sorry you feel that way though we are not a "club" and I would hardly compare an FD to a woman guess your just not intrested in learning and having fun

At least when you make a mistake on a virtual fire incident there aren't major repracussions

Originally posted by Engine101

Sorry you feel that way though we are not a "club" and I would hardly compare an FD to a woman guess your just not intrested in learning and having fun

He wasn't comparing an FD to a woman, he was relating the two types of FDs (the online and real one) to two types of women.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Thread Information