Question Home video w/ smoke cloud - April 5, 1992? What is it???

I came across a home video from April 5, 1992 at 5:49 P.M. that shows a HUGE black smoke cloud to the east/southeast of where I live. I live about 30 miles west of Crawfordsville along I-74. A friend who is a pilot/meteorologist says the naked eye can see about 30 miles across the horizon. I'm thinking since the smoke is up a few thousand feet we can double or triple the distance we can see it. Our best guess is that it's somewhere between Crawfordsville, Brownsburg & Greencastle. It's possibly a factory or warehouse fire. I can't imagine it being a control burn. The wind appeared to be out of the south so the cloud was moving north. Does anybody remember this? Can you give me details? I've searched the net and haven't found anything.
    Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

I am a fulltime ff at Greencastle Fire.and I checked our records on apr 5, 1992 and talk to the capt that was on-duty that day and we didn't have any major run that day so there is one city down for you.

A large plastics warehouse burnt in Crawfordsville in about that time frame. It was located behind the Holiday Inn just south of I74 on U.S. 231

Thread Information