Thread: Wisdom

Forum Member

Default Wisdom

I have been reading posts for awhile now before jumping into the fray. That is how I do things I watch, learn, try, and do. Hopefully gaining some wisdom. One observation I made is your screen name seems to reflect your time in the fire service. The newer ones pick names that conjure images of the BIG ONE; five alarms and scaling the outside wall 10 stories barehanded to rescue 27 babies(spelling seems to have something ot do with it too). Those with years in and diamond tip K-12 blade shattering crust seem to pick simple or understated ones. I myself am guilty of this my first year my email was FIREKILLER, now my screen name is wyesguy24, give me a number of years and it will be CrustyOld Dino24. Now to get high and mighty and bless you with my wisdom. AHEM!

1: When they say to always check your stream pattern before making entry they do not mean look at the end of the nozzle and open the bale. It took me three years to realize this. OK OK it took three years for the guys to stop laughing long enough to tell me.

2: NEVER EVER wear a G-String when you are an interior attack it chafes like heck! After ten minutes you will be praying for the low air bell. When the bell does go and you bug out screaming "OH GOD IT BURRRNNNS!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW!!!" a) this does not inspire public confidence or trust b) you will get zero respect from the guys

3: If you are toned to a beach fire and it is going good and the waves are gently lapping at the shore and there is a beautiful full moon out, NEVER utter the words "Isn't this romantic?" within earshot of your D. Chief. The walk back to the station in T.O. gear is a looong one.

Hope this helps

BTW: to members of the BMI please be patient with the FNGs it can take awhile to get something through our thick heads and if you are not careful with the newspaper braiN dAMage MAY REsult! THank YoU

Default Re: Wisdom

[i]3: If you are toned to a beach fire and it is going good and the waves are gently lapping at the shore and there is a beautiful full moon out, NEVER utter the words "Isn't this romantic?" within earshot of your D. Chief. The walk back to the station in T.O. gear is a looong one.

[/B]
    are you speeking from experence???

Stay Safe

LFD

Forum Member

Ahhhhhh....

No Comment!

MembersZone Subscriber

another to avoid:

Did anyone bring the marshmallows?
    Mark
    Firefighter / Paramedic