Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Ok, I'm trying this one out and I'm ending up with more friction loss than the PDP. Are you using 50 PSI as the NP?

MembersZone Subscriber

So far so good. You need to differentiate between REQUIRED PDP and ACTUAL PDP. Visualize this layout with the nozzles discharging water. You walk up to the pump panel and see a PDP of 250 psi. What are the flow rates?

In other words, it doesn't matter what PDP is required. However, you do need to calculate the required PDP to solve the problem.

Keep going. What required PDP did you get?

Default HOLD IT!

OK, I found a part of my problem. Somehow I ended up with a number which was WAY off. I think my fire calc's on crack. It keeps getting weird on me. (CP throws calc across room - searches for paper)

I have REQUIRED pdp @ 320psi. (seems kinda high)

The flow rate of the 1" is 210gpm. (assuming NP is 50)

I'll get back to you on the LDH part.
    Last edited by ffexpCP; 01-05-2005 at 02:57 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, the 1" nozzle will flow 210 gpm IF the NP is 50 psi. How did you get 320 psi required PDP?

Don't be concerned about the high required pressures. Remember, the pump is actually dicharging at 250 psi.

HINT: When you successfully calculate the required PDP, it will a lot higher than 320 psi.

Forum Member

Originally posted by DrParasite
    I'm reposting these questions from a previous pages at the request of getting more questions:
    1) what is the difference between static and dynamic rope? which is used for rescue, and why?

2) how long should you wait after cutting the battery on a car until you can assume an air bag won't deploy at a MVC?

3) List all the equipment should you have with you if you are to be assigned to a fast team? for what reason are you listing each item?

4) what tools do you need to breech a masonary/cinderblock wall? how about a sheetrock wall? what are the basic steps you use to breech the wall?

5) how many windows should you open in order to effectively positive pressure a building?

6) what should you always assume about fire walls?

7) what tools should you (or your crew) be taking with you when you are conducting a search without a hoseline?

If the main valve on your airpack malfunctions and you can't get air, what can you do while you and your partner are leaving the IDLH area?

These questions are subjective and have no "right answer". Each one can be answered a myriad of ways and it would depend on your department equipment, policies and a ton of other factors.

Jesse,
    I know what Mattydale did to their Buffalo! :P
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Thumbs up wow....

This is a great thread! I am learning lots!, now I only wish there was a Jr./Explorer program in my town when I was growing up, as I feel dumb now..lol.

Anyways, keep up with the questions!...and the answers for those who have no clue...like me!

Thread Information