Arrow Safety stations??

ive noticed alot of stations in NH have been changing/building these new safety stations... police and fire stations together. i was wondering what other stations are changing over, or if there is some sort of new code or whatever??

Stay Safe

LFD/DFD

MembersZone Subscriber

Its cheaper to build a larger building than two seperate smaller buildings with there own phone systems, computer networks, and all the other stuff

Permanently Removed

well popo and Fire houses should be equaly, and evenly spread out, so why not put them together?

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Yeah I like the way ours are set up 2 fire stations and a police station with the communication room there. Just dont say you are a explorer in this town or SOMEONE might be calling to check on you cause they dont belive you.

-dfd

Forum Member

The city I live in just approved a plan for remodeling an old department store building for this purpose. Lots of people are for this but, because of the cost to build the thing, it will almost certainly close down 1 of the 4 fire stations and a police dispatch unit. It will also re-locate our central communications/911 center, opening the way for a 4-lane road to be built where the center is now. This will increase the call load for an already under manned and under equipped volly department.

All I have to say about it is... I sure hope they don't close the station close to my house becuase response time will be singnificantly greater, and if something would ever happen to the bridge that connects us to town (it's not likely but ya never know), it would be up to my volly dept. (also low on man power and somewhat under equipped) to handle the situation.

There are also many other factors that, in my opinion, make it all wrong for our area, but unfortunaltely I'm not on the city planning committee...I really think there are a lot of factors that have not been considered.

I don't know about any of the codes or requirements as of yet, but I will be attending the city council meetings when it's discussed, so I'll let ya know if I find out anything. Just have to hope the council doesn't go into one of their infamous "closed-door sessions."
    Last edited by Co11FireGal; 05-09-2003 at 07:44 PM.

sounds to me like all these towns want to save some money

Thread Information