District Chief

Post Marianna Fla--2 Die in House Fire

Two dead after fire reported in Marianna house

From Staff Reports
    MARIANNA — Fire and rescue personnel found two people dead in a home Wednesday morning after a fire was reported there, the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department said.

Neither of the two had been identified by Wednesday night.

Jackson County Fire and Rescue responded to a 911 call on Missouri Road, a sheriff’s department report said.

They found the bodies when they entered the house.

The cause of death had not been determined Wednesday. The State Fire Marshal’s Office, Jackson County Fire and Rescue and the sheriff’s department are investigating.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

District Chief

Post Follow Up...Deaths Ruled Homicide

Panhandle fire death classfied as homicide

Wednesday, May 7, 2003

Associated Press

MARIANNA — One of two victims killed in a mobile home fire has been identified as the owner and his death classified as a homicide, Jackson County Sheriff John McDaniel said Tuesday.

Kenneth Powell, 34, died in the April 30 fire that destroyed his Florida Panhandle home, McDaniel said. Foul play also is suspected in the death of the other victim, who remained unidentified. She may be Powell's wife, Sabrina, who has not been seen since the fire, McDaniel said.

"We found an accelerant at the crime scene so we have labeled this as a homicide," McDaniel said of the husband's death.

The couple had six children, all from previous relationships, investigators said. The children were not harmed in the fire. Marianna is about 60 west of Tallahassee.

The State Fire Marshal's Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement and State Attorney's Office also are participating in the investigation. Rewards totaling $3,500 are being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

District Chief

Default Update: Murder

Investigators say Panhandle couple murdered before house burned

Associated Press

Last update: 16 June 2003

MARIANNA -- Investigators now say a couple found dead after an arson fire consumed their mobile home had been slain before the April 30 blaze.

The husband was shot and the wife stabbed. It took until Friday for medical examiners to confirm Sabrena A. Tedder, 26, was one of the victims. Her husband, Kenneth Powell, 34, was identified as the other victim on May 6.

Jackson County Sheriff John McDaniel said five investigators were working on the case but declined to discuss possible motives or suspects.

McDaniel blamed turnover in a medical examiner's district that includes his county for the delay in identifying Tedder.

The couple had five children, all from previous relationships. None was harmed in the fire and all were staying with Powell's former wife, McDaniel said.

Marianna is in the Florida Panhandle about 50 miles west of Tallahassee.

------

Information from: The News Herald, www.newsherald.com
    BMI Investigator

Thread Information