Thread: DRCOG Test

MembersZone Subscriber

Default DRCOG Test

I was just wondering if anyone has heard from the DRCOG (Denver Regional Council of Government) Test from February 24, 2003. I got a letter saying I passed, but I haven't heard anything else. Did anyone else take the test and have you heard anything more.

This is not good news for me. I am registered for the August test, and if they still have yet to pull from the February one, then it will be forever when they would get to me.

MembersZone Subscriber

It seems that in some places, Like here in Minnesota it is hard to find fulltime work as a Fire Fighter. In my FFI class we had 5 guys, that where taking the class on there own, they did not realize that there are no job openings for full time. And infact the City of Minneapolis is laying off a number of FireFighters making it that much harder to find a position.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just to add a little fuel to the flame, I took the test in December and passed, but haven't heard anything either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Who knows?

I thought they only administered the test every August and February. But anyway, it is bull that they give this test twice a year and don't even pull off it. They should revise the testing to once a year and keep the list good for a year. I am not counting on getting a call back, but it would be nice to at least do the physical agility and interview to feel like I got my moneys worth out of the deal.

MembersZone Subscriber

Things are a bit slow out here right now! Some jobs are talking about layoffs, and others don't have the money to hire just yet. Most of the departments that pull of of COG are small and only take a few at a time, and they usually require and 85-90 or better to get invited to test with the department.
    They offer it twice a year, but it is my understanding that you can only take it once a year.
    Many departments are waiting to see what happens in the next year before they go and hire.
    FTM-PTB-KTF
    FNDY 343

Thread Information