Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post Cantonment Fla--Accident Injures 6 Teens

Six high schoolers injured when car flips several times

PENSACOLA, Fla. - A car rolled up an embankment and flipped several times, injuring all six of the high school students inside. At least three of the six suffered serious injuries, officials said.

All six passengers were female students from Tate High School, who had just left color guard practice when the accident occurred late Thursday afternoon. None of the girls' names were released Thursday.

Three girls who were not wearing seat belts were ejected from the vehicle, officials said. All six were hospitalized, four at Sacred Heart Hospital and two at West Florida Hospital. Conditions were not available from either hospital early Friday.

"I didn't see any injuries that looked life-threatening. That's lucky," said Cantonment Volunteer Fire Chief Jeff Bingle.

The speed limit at the scene of the crash is 25 mph. Bingle said speed had to be a factor, based upon the number of times the vehicle flipped.

___

Information from: Pensacola News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
    Last edited by captstanm1; 05-14-2003 at 07:12 AM.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Temporarily/No Longer Active EoneTiller's Avatar

its always the women.JK JK good to hear no one got hurt really bad.

Thread Information